Grado RS-2 or Senn HD 600
Dec 9, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #16 of 28
It sounds like the RS-2 would be right up your alley. One of the Mapletree amps or an entry level Singlepower would pair up nicely with those.

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #17 of 28
I first descovered the fun whit music when i bought the senn 595's but after reading that the grado's are more "fun" to listen to and more real like, that made me bying an grado rs1 and a grado ra1, currently waiting on them to be sendt to me, but have great expentations.

Dont want to mess up the tread, but as i'm waiting for my grado ra1 amplifier, isnt it so that the perfect amp for the grados rs1/rs2 are the ra1? or is it so that there are cheaper and greater amps that make the grado rs1/rs2 complete?

Ps sorry my crappy english, i'm just an loony norwegian guy trying to type some words in english
rs1smile.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I first descovered the fun whit music when i bought the senn 595's but after reading that the grado's are more "fun" to listen to and more real like, that made me bying an grado rs1 and a grado ra1, currently waiting on them to be sendt to me, but have great expentations.

Dont want to mess up the tread, but as i'm waiting for my grado ra1 amplifier, isnt it so that the perfect amp for the grados rs1/rs2 are the ra1? or is it so that there are cheaper and greater amps that make the grado rs1/rs2 complete?

Ps sorry my crappy english, i'm just an loony norwegian guy trying to type some words in english
rs1smile.gif

Maybe you should take a look at this:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212690

You can easily do better than an RA-1 for the money, especially outside the U.S.

Dec 9, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you should take a look at this:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212690

You can easily do better than an RA-1 for the money, especially outside the U.S.

Hmm, after reading the tread you posted, just made me more happy for bying it
tongue.gif

People may say its a waste of money and its a crappy amp compered to price, but my conclution is, that it's a grado, and a block og mahogny machined out to be a shell, and then placed som components in it to make it an amp, and that was good enough for John Grado, and then good enough for me
wink.gif

And again, sorry for messing up the thread, just cant wait to be a member of the "grado" club
rs1smile.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #20 of 28
Clony, Not at all, you are right on the mark...In that a Phone & Amp should be concidered one for the optimal proformance of gears together, IE "Synergy' difficult to define, but an amp endorsed by the builder of the phone is going to make sure the match is optimal. And the cost is mearly the value for doing so! We may stumble upon it (synergy) by trial and error or a best guess, but a manufacturer should know what's best and certainly the listeners ear identifies "IT" when we hear "IT'! Optimal amplification is about so many other factors than obviously just those dbs...

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcodeguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i need to make a decision guys. help. any tube amps with synergy to the RS-1?

Mapletree Ear + Purist HD at about $500 if you build it or $600 fully assembled. Good luck.

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Can you or anyone recommend a tube headphone amp that has synergy with the RS-2 and is under $600.00 - or should I stay with solid state for the RS-2?

http://www.headphone.com/products/he...hybrid-amp.php
50.00 above your limit though..

Maple tree is also a good choice. BADA12 can be had the cheapest, & some here feel its truly a giant killer..

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clony, Not at all, you are right on the mark...In that a Phone & Amp should be concidered one for the optimal proformance of gears together, IE "Synergy' difficult to define, but an amp endorsed by the builder of the phone is going to make sure the match is optimal. And the cost is mearly the value for doing so! We may stumble upon it (synergy) by trial and error or a best guess, but a manufacturer should know what's best and certainly the listeners ear identifies "IT" when we hear "IT'! Optimal amplification is about so many other factors than obviously just those dbs...

uhh, if onely my english was good enough to understand what you wrote, can u tell it in a way for an 5year old boy can even understand it? hehe...
wink.gif

I only know the basics english stuff..

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uhh, if onely my english was good enough to understand what you wrote, can u tell it in a way for an 5year old boy can even understand it? hehe...
wink.gif

I only know the basics english stuff..

Good choice Clony, RA-1 & RS-1 built to match each other;-}

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good choice Clony, RA-1 & RS-1 built to match each other;-}

oh well, then its settled
tongue.gif

By the way, Back on topic!!

xcodeguy:
, why not go for both? hehe. My plans are to buy the senn 600/650's later, but we may have the same lack of money, but in my way, the grados comes in first. Why? I dont know...

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Grados are very sensitive cans (32 OHMS).. You might experience hissing with the Woo amp.. GRADO's mate well with tube amps from what I hear, but some tube amps like the Cayin are very powerful, enough to drive the 1000 fairly well, & good from others on this board..

Humm.....I was just skimming this thread and noticed this misinformation. This is a common misunderstanding, but sensitivity is not the same thing as impedance! Sensitivity is the amount of decibels of sound pressure/ milliwatts of power. Which factors into loudness. Grados actually aren't terribly sensitive cans....they run inbetween sensitivities of others. AKG 501s are one of the lowest (at 94 db/mw), most Grados are around 98-100 db/mw, and then the Sennheiser HD595 is 104 db/mw. IMO, a headphone's impedance should only be considered when deciding on a headphone's gain (and since the Grados have a low impedance, gain is not as much of an issue as say a HD580).

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #27 of 28
Grado fan myself, although there are times I prefer the Senn sound. IMHO the HD600 is overpriced. The HD580 is better for the $$... IMHO

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Yes, I listen to mostly rock and 80's pop stuff. But actually tonight I'm going a little mellow with Toni Braxton and Anita Baker - and the SR-60's - for having a 'rock' reputation - are sounding just fine. Very enjoyable indeed.

Beyer huh? Which ones? 880, 990?

hey mate, i think i would go for the 880 as they somewhat more open for many genre. i listen from classical to trance with them without tiring. the 990's are great phones but... not quite as easily able to bridge the 'gaps'. both damn good phones though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back