Grado RS-2 headbands not sold seperately?!
Jan 10, 2008 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ishtob

100+ Head-Fier
I emailed grado labs to see if I can get a replacement headband (the RS-2 ones) for a Grado HF-1 that I am recieving, and this is the reply I get:
Quote:

Sorry, we do not sell parts separately.

Grado Labs

what's going on? I know quite a few people here at head-fi has gotten replacement headbands before. Is it because I'm asian and they are afraid I'd use it for make a knockoff?

Jan 10, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 9
A few head-fiers make them on occasion. Is someting wrong with your current headband? You could possibly send your headphones into Grado and have them repaired. Ask them if they will repair the current headband you have if you send in your headphones.

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #7 of 9
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ishtob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's going on? I know quite a few people here at head-fi has gotten replacement headbands before. Is it because I'm asian and they are afraid I'd use it for make a knockoff?

I read a while back that Grado use to sell the leather headbands to anyone who asked. They probably got flooded with requests from people wanted to upgrade their vinyl headband and they later declined selling them for this purpose.

Nonetheless, I managed to cleverly "trick" them to selling me a nice leather headband for my SR-60, heh-heh. I had to pay $40 for it. I"m not going to tell how I did it.
tongue.gif

When I later got an SR225, I did not feel right "deceiving" them again, so I decided to design and make my own...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/tut...s-pics-237221/
Pic...
SR225rev.jpg

My headband is actually more comfy and uses better quality leather than the Grado headband.

Sorry, I don't make these headbands anymore, so please don't ask me to do so.
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ueyteuor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the rs2 headbands really leather?? it seems like vinyl to me.... anyways, i just ordered some distressed leather, and im going to replace it..

yes, the RS-2 headbands are genuine leather. I think everything in the SR series [except the SR325is] are vinyl.

to the op: Beyerdynamics makes and sells padded leather headbands that can be buckled onto Grados. I can't remember which model it is, but there are threads with pictures around if you want to do a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back