Grado RS-1 + Woo Audio 6 -- Yes/No?
Dec 21, 2008 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

pinkpanther

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am upgrading my SR-225s to the RS-1s and I want to purchase a tube amp to go along with them. Thus far I've had my mind set on the woo audio 6, but before I pull the trigger I want to know if you guys think it's a good pairing. Is there a better tube amp in the $600 price range?

Thanks

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 17
I should also mention that I want a musical and warm sound -- will the woo 6 provide that?

If I decided to go up another hundred dollars to the HeadRoom Desktop Amp, which isn't a tube amp, what are the benefits/negatives about that maneuver?

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 17
Why not MAD Ear+ HD?
I think it's good time to get the MAD.

Special Discount + Free shipping

Welcome to Mapletree Audio Design
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 17
I have heard the Woo 6 with the RS-1's. They sound really good together. That would be my choice under $600.

MAD Ear+ HD would be good also.

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #11 of 17
The Woo 6 is a good amp which I have heard at a headphone meet. It has that nice tube sound if that's what you are looking for. IMO, even cheaper tube amps sound great with Grados so the Woo amp will also give very nice results too.

If you want to save up some more money, you can also buy the Woo 6 SE which is the upgraded version. It's more expensive, about $1000 but sounds better than other amps I've heard twice the price. It's one of my favorite amps. Really fabulous.

That being said, a stock Woo 6 is a good choice and you should be happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back