Grado RS-1, what's your number?
Jul 11, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #16 of 29
1771 here.

Say, has anyone had a problem with the compression fitting where the vertical adjustment bar connects to the driver housing pivot ring? Mine just separated tonight. I've been very gentle with these cans and this is quite dissappointing, especially considering the price. I bought them brand new in San Francisco only three weeks ago...

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dotyman

Jul 11, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #18 of 29
I guess mine were lying in a shop for quite some time then. =o)

Jul 12, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #19 of 29
I don't have a number on mine. THe wood is a different colour to the current production ones. It is more darker. THe current ones have a lighter colour wood.

Kurt>I am interested on how a balanced Rs-1's does. Have you had yours recabled yet for balanced operation?

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Have you had yours recabled yet for balanced operation?

Not recabled but JaZZ soldered 2 Neutrik XLR connectors to the original cable and 2 others to the adapter cable last Friday. So I can switch between XLR and TRS.

Quote:

I am interested on how a balanced Rs-1's does.

Great!
IF one likes the RS-1 with solid state amps, which I don’t so far. I have a PS-1 on the way and hope/read that phone pairs better with SS.
With the RS-1, I like the sound of the EMP best. SS sounds metallic, cold and grainy like the rattling valves of a old BMW bike, but in a much faster pace.
Depending on my impressions of the PS-1, I might buy a MPX3 for the Grados.
Or, as JaZZ suggested, get used to the SS-Grado pairing. There are advantages after all. SS sounds faster and more extended and I never had the impression the phones were underpowered. Even with the Talisman.

Jul 12, 2005 at 12:02 PM Post #21 of 29
no numbers on mine.

Kurt, you might want to try an eddie current hd-25 with your rs-1s. i know i love this combination.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
Not recabled but JaZZ soldered 2 Neutrik XLR connectors to the original cable and 2 others to the adapter cable last Friday. So I can switch between XLR and TRS.

Great!
IF one likes the RS-1 with solid state amps, which I don’t so far. I have a PS-1 on the way and hope/read that phone pairs better with SS.
With the RS-1, I like the sound of the EMP best. SS sounds metallic, cold and grainy like the rattling valves of a old BMW bike, but in a much faster pace.
Depending on my impressions of the PS-1, I might buy a MPX3 for the Grados.
Or, as JaZZ suggested, get used to the SS-Grado pairing. There are advantages after all. SS sounds faster and more extended and I never had the impression the phones were underpowered. Even with the Talisman.

I don't like Grado's with SS. I like them with tubes only and even then it has to be lush tubes like the EMP

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
no numbers on mine.

Kurt, you might want to try an eddie current hd-25 with your rs-1s. i know i love this combination.
rs1smile.gif

Thanks for the tip. =o)
Do you know when the new Eddie Current’s will come out?

Quote:

I don't like Grado's with SS. I like them with tubes only and even then it has to be lush tubes like the EMP

I love the EMP. But something with a little more power wouldn’t hurt.

Sorry for OT.

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
Thanks for the tip. =o)
Do you know when the new Eddie Current’s will come out?

I love the EMP. But something with a little more power wouldn’t hurt.

Sorry for OT.

A bit more bass slam would be nice, bit moe pace and a little moe detail. That's the area where I feel the EMP lacks the most.

I got the A.E version and it does correct these faults to a certain extent.

Jul 18, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #26 of 29
No number on mine!

I think the topic should be better stated:

What colour are your RS-1's? Dark or light wood? Brown or Black headband? Gold or Silver lettering?

Mine: Dark/Brown/Gold oh..and I have the box.

Jul 19, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
No number on mine!

I think the topic should be better stated:

What colour are your RS-1's? Dark or light wood? Brown or Black headband? Gold or Silver lettering?

Mine: Dark/Brown/Gold oh..and I have the box.

Same here.
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #29 of 29
Well I didn't look on the headphones. But the number on the new box I got from todd say #2222. Would that mean there are a total of #2222 rs-1s out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back