Grado RS-1 vs JH16/JH13/UE 18/UE 11
Jan 17, 2010 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Badd99

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of Grado RS-1's but do not own any of the others. I do own a pair of Triple.Fi 10 that I had remolded (pretty much a pair of UE-10's)

My question is how would those upgrade IEM match up to my full size RS-1?

I have always thought you get more with full size for the price, is this what others feel / true?

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #2 of 6
Id rate the JH13 third to the Omega 2 and R10 of all the headphones I've heard (which I think is most except the HE90).

However the top model Grados have a character of sound which does not exist elsewhere and if that sound is what pleases your ears, you will be hard pressed to beat it with a more expensive offering from another company.

Jan 17, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Its hard for me to see the characteristics the Grado's have since I haven't had the chance to listen to different high end headphones. Anyway you could put this in words?

I guess another part of my question was in terms of audio reproduction how do they match up?

Jan 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badd99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of Grado RS-1's but do not own any of the others. I do own a pair of Triple.Fi 10 that I had remolded (pretty much a pair of UE-10's)

My question is how would those upgrade IEM match up to my full size RS-1?

I have always thought you get more with full size for the price, is this what others feel / true?

The JH13s are IMO much better than the RS-1.

May 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi GUys need a little advice here if you please; bough a pair fo RS1's based on recommendation/reviews, etc. a couple of years ago I haven't been able to use them simply becasue I thought my headphone amps were to bright, now just bought a little DOT I+ and also borrowed a Music Hall PH25.2 to compare still bright so .. i have to conlude that the Grados affect a part of sensitivity in my ears that is most sensitive to thet part of the high mids where I hear this brightness kind of glare thing that really bothers me, after talking to some people including Grado Labs conclude that there is no solution for me other than changing cans .. any ideas . help?
Did anybody was confronted to the same/similar problem and maybe changing the regular copper cables did anything to mitigate the extra brightness I hear.

Grado RS1 is an extremely well detailed sounding pair of cans I would put ti in the category of amazing with the exception of the brighter recordings just sound painful and glary . . .
As a side note I burned these guys in with music, pink noise white noise at low to medium volumes for 5 to 8 hours a day for about 3 weeks in total probably some 150 to 200 Hours.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Take care;

G.

May 3, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Gonzalomaso, You dont have to give up on the Grado's.
Just simply change the RS1 you have for the HF2, you will have a nice surprise
smily_headphones1.gif

Also you will have some change back too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back