Grado RS-1 designs, which one do you prefer?
Sep 3, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #47 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by unbiased /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, Grado Labs answered my email today and says they did change the style to this new button-less style. They also said that there are no sonic differences between the old and the new styles. So it is not a production line mistake that the button is left off. However did not say much else other than "Make your buying decision based on what's more important to you...". Which sort of gave me the impression (on the workmanship issue)... that they don't really care about the workmanship/craftsmanship of the letterings and wood finishing. Oh well, it's John Grado's company and it is his business and he can run it the way he thinks best for his success.

sounds like Crado Labz has a bit of an attitude problem.
tongue.gif

edit: btw I voted for A. I love the reddish, rich wood look.

Sep 3, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #48 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like Crado Labz has a bit of an attitude problem.
tongue.gif

.....and I for one like their attitude! It's the sound that matters!!
cool.gif

......of course I couldn't be happier with my beautiful MS2i and MS-1, but that's another story.
wink.gif

The woodies WILL catch up!

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #52 of 87
Hmm, I voted for D earlier but taking another I think I actually like B more. The lighter font on the button looks a lot nicer.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #53 of 87
I hope some Grado Rep reads this thread.

If vast majority like the old style and and one very similar the most. 80% like that same style, I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Someone from Grado should take note and let whoever makes the decision for design know what Grado Users want.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #54 of 87
Slightly OT
Quote:

JR set up stinks I tell ya. Also the store manager told me they were out of stock on RS1 and RS2 headphones even though their website says they were in stock.

I believe merchandise on their website ships from a warehouse which is why they could have been out of stock in-store.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #55 of 87
Ill take the B cups

Sep 4, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #58 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.....and I for one like their attitude! It's the sound that matters!!
cool.gif

......of course I couldn't be happier with my beautiful MS2i and MS-1, but that's another story.
wink.gif

The woodies WILL catch up!

True, it is, in the end, the sound that defines the headphones, but dropping $700 on a new pair of RS-1's only to open the box and find scratches on the Left / Right plastic earpieces is simply inexcusable in my opinion. Plain and simple, I paid for a B-Stock product that was sold at an A-Stock price, and the unfortunate thing is that so many others have experienced similar quality control issues in their RS-1's; some even effecting the actual performance of the phones rather than the cosmetics.

And as a side note, I would be really surprised if you were singing the same tune about Grado / Alessandro if your MS-1's and 2's were sent to you with cosmetic imperfections similar to the ones I have seen, no matter how small or unnoticeable to the naked eye.

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #59 of 87
I love oldschool style.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #60 of 87
So far I find these poll results to be quite telling. To be fair, the only picture I had available of the newly designed RS-1 isn't of very good quality. We shall see if opinions will change over time as we start to see some decent pictures. Speaking for myself, I can say with a great degree of confidence that even a spectacular picture of the new RS-1 design is very unlikely to change my mind.

I still find it very upsetting (and somewhat insulting) that the product pictures on the Grado website are still (as of 9/5/2007) the pictures for the old design RS-1 and RS-2s. This is inexcusable IMHO. Does anyone have any word yet on if the GS-1000s are getting a 'fuglyphone' re-work as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back