Grado PS2000e Loaner Program @ TTVJAudio.com
Nov 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #151 of 164
Great read, I liked it very much!

"It’s almost like you can listen to the song or pay attention to the magnificence of the headphone, or most of the time, both simultaneously. Bravo, 2000es!"

I think this is what makes the ps2ke different from other flagships. With the ps2ke I was able to enjoy the music first without getting immediately distracted by the details or huge soundstage, etc. etc.

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #152 of 164
What a FABULOUS, image-producing, compelling, persuasive review. Grado ought to commit it to a page that they place in each PS2000e box, as well as list it among the reviews for this headphone on their website.

Reading your review regenerated the excitement that I felt when I had my all-too-brief review encounter with the PS2000e!

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #153 of 164
@CaptainKush I see your new to our community! Honestly it's great to have you, you have such an vivid way of describing things! It's always nice to have a new and unique voice here in this community!

I'm looking forward to reading more of your impressions ^^ as they've got me excited too!

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #155 of 164
Wooow man!!!!! That was a wild ride but pleasent ride!!!! Thank you for sharing, I can imagine the PS2KE would sing exactly as you've framed it fed with Zana Duex!!!
Yes, I think the Zana Deux really make a difference here. Honestly, I really like my RS1s and GS1000s, but the PS2000es just torched them. I think the Cardas jacks also work well.

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #156 of 164
@CaptainKush I see your new to our community! Honestly it's great to have you, you have such an vivid way of describing things! It's always nice to have a new and unique voice here in this community!

I'm looking forward to reading more of your impressions ^^ as they've got me excited too!
Thanks Msgenay for the kind words. Much appreciated! It really was painful sending them off!!

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #158 of 164
Yes, I think the Zana Deux really make a difference here. Honestly, I really like my RS1s and GS1000s, but the PS2000es just torched them. I think the Cardas jacks also work well.

I have to agree, Grado may have tune'd this with such resolving high quality gear in mind, hopefully I'll have a full sized tube for my system here in the future ^^ I actually have a little SET Tube Amp I've been tinkering with, but it's still in pieces and in need of some addition repairs

Dec 4, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #160 of 164
Listening to the PS2000e rn and I am pleasantly surprised. Here are my initial thoughts

Bass - Fast, Very Well textured, lacks extension a bit(though expecting Planar extension is unfair so no complaints), quantity is a bit lower than what I prefer.
Mids - Mids are what I would describe as a bit shouty.
Treble - Relatively Bright, Very transparent and relatively smooth.
Separation - Separation is average.
Soundstage - Pretty Damn Large.

I will do a proper review a bit later.

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #161 of 164
I was the last one to receive Todd's PS2000e headphones on the recent loaner program.
I don't feel as qualified to provide an analytical review (which have already been well documented in earlier reviews). However, I do have very strong opinions about this latest Grado "flagship."

A little background info...I've been a headphone enthusiast for 20 + years. I currently own the HD 800,
Grado gs1000, and several mid priced models from AKG, ATH, and Beyerdynamic.
My audio gear consists of good quality mid range gear, both tube and solid state.
I enjoy a wide range of genres (cd's and vinyl). I never listen to music on portable gear.
I'm in my mid 70's and have some mild hearing loss, primarily in the upper frequencies.

Living in a relatively rural area in N.C. I don't have many opportunities to audition high end headphones.
At this point, I haven't heard anything "above" my HD 800s in price or overall sound quality.

My impressions of the PS2000e.
As I previously stated, I'm not going to "dissect" and analyze their frequency range. What's most important to me
is the total sound (sum of all its parts) and its overall impact.
Without any doubt, definitely the best phones I've ever heard. To my ears, everything sounded exceptional,
regardless of genre or equipment. In my mind, the sound was very full and large...seemed to occupy a larger space in my head/brain (if that makes any sense) and was very detailed without any harshness.
Again, I always find it to be difficult to explain SQ in specific audio terms. For me, the bottom line is simply how
a set of phones sound compared to any others I have previously heard. I was totally engaged with this Grado
and I've never experienced any other hp that was able to approach its overall sound quality.
It was a sad day when I had to ship them back to Todd!

Unfortunately, there were several issues that I had with the PS2000e.
As mentioned in previous reviews, these are some hefty cans. I wasn't able to weigh them, but i did read somewhere that they came in at about one and a half pounds.
Even though I like the comfort and fit of my GS1000s, the 2000s didn't seem to fit me well, the headband seemed to big (esp. in width) resulting in an annoying sliding around loose fit (being a loaner from Todd, I didn't attempt to do any bending to tighten them up).
IMO, the Grado "retro" appearance doesn't work well with the shiny metal exterior cups. In comparison to most other high end phones the "WW2 fighter pilot look" has become too dated for a totl 21st century headphone.
I'm sure most of you share my opinion about non-detachable cables (not good) - especially a cable that looks and
feels like the black cables used on most power tools.

The price point, like the weight, is also on the hefty side. Whether they (or any other can) are worth the $$$ has
already been covered by previous reviewers.
Nevertheless, if one is looking for a totl headphone in this upper price range, you definitely should consider the Grado PS2000e...their sound is definitely TOTL.

Feb 7, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #162 of 164
Comment is a little late but some of you on the West Coast will hopefully appreciate this

A few months back I got to hear both the PS2KE and GS2KE and I waited to post my review, the reason being is I really wanted to give my full impressions on February the 2nd, to pay respect to the memory and legacy of Joseph Grado who left us on 02/06/2015. Mr. Grado spent quite a bit of time as I understand in my home state of South Carolina! An so to honor the man who appreciated my homeland and whose unique presentation I appreciate,

I have uploaded my full review of both the PS2000E and GS2000E reviewed together really!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/grado-ps-2000e.22923/reviews#review-19838
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/grado-labs-gs2000e.22753/reviews#review-19837

Each review has the same content, but the rating is based on the headphone it's listed under and the pro's and cons are again relevant to the headphone listed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back