Grado PS1000 "Rod Block" Slippage Problem
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #16 of 27
Update: I found an alternative to the solutions above. I used the smallest O-rings in this kit (2 mm.):

This works perfectly, in my opinion much better that the zip chord solution, as it adds friction and is easily adjustable. I have had no slippage after doing this. Here is how it looks:

In other words quite discreet and good looking. Hope this helps some people out there, who end up looking in this thread. Cheers! :smile::thumbsup:

Quick, effective, discret, and totally reversible, I like it.  

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #18 of 27
And after trying it a few days; it works perfectly
wink.gif
:thumbsup:

Good to know, because my PS1000 are my only pair of headphones that aren't hanging on a stand.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #20 of 27
For good measure, you could even put two rings on each side, if you're worried ✌

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read your post, like they say, great minds think alike.
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #22 of 27
Update: I found an alternative to the solutions above. I used the smallest O-rings in this kit (2 mm.):

This works perfectly, in my opinion much better that the zip chord solution, as it adds friction and is easily adjustable. I have had no slippage after doing this. Here is how it looks:

In other words quite discreet and good looking. Hope this helps some people out there, who end up looking in this thread. Cheers! :smile::thumbsup:

Very, very nice!

Fast, easy, no tools required.

Dec 12, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #24 of 27
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd update it anyway since doing a Google search for this problem will likely lead people right here.

I just posted this on the Grado fan club thread, so I will copy and pasted here also so it'll be easier to find:

Ok guys, I know I had read of a simple solution to the problem of the cups slipping down like on the ps1000 for example, but I couldn't find it online so I asked Grado. Here's what their response was:

"Hi xxxxx

clean the sliding rods with alcohol

there are rubber o rings inside the junction block( has "L" /"R" on them)

if the O rings have any oils on them, it will allow the rod to slip"

So if any of your Grados tend to slide freely on the metal rods, just clean them with alcohol and that will tighten the grip again.

Aug 14, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #25 of 27
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd update it anyway since doing a Google search for this problem will likely lead people right here.

I just posted this on the Grado fan club thread, so I will copy and pasted here also so it'll be easier to find:

A response to an old reply in an old thread, but thanks man. Will check it out when I get home from work on friday. Crossing my fingers!

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #26 of 27

Perfect. 7 years later and I’m looking for a solution to the same problem on my RS-1e. I think I even have a box of miscellaneous size washers in the house. Ingenious!

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #27 of 27

Better still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back