Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Sep 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bgtrance

Head-Fier
I am looking to pick up this combination in the following weeks.  Would you guys say this is a good combo or perhaps there is something better for the PS-500s?  Thanks for the input!

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 6
I had this combo, sold the PS500's.

It's amazing that I hear just a little improvement with the WA6 as opposed to my Peachtree Audio Nova.  The Woo is such a brilliant build and gorgeous to look at, especially with the Sophia Princess 274B.

PS500 w/ WA6 could be a bit of overkill.  Grados are so accommodating to so many different amps.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.

Enjoy.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Would I see a better use of the wa6 perhaps if I go with the HE-400s? I really like both headphones but can't seem to choose which one. I am stepping up fro
Sony MDR-V6. Thanks!

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Would I see a better use of the wa6 perhaps if I go with the HE-400s? I really like both headphones but can't seem to choose which one. I am stepping up fro
Sony MDR-V6. Thanks!

Sorry, don't know the HE-400s.  I've been tempted but the more I read about them, the more I think they are not for me.  I like bright.  I know the 400s will have more sub-bass, which I want, but I don't want to give up the liveliness and fun of the Grados.  What differences do you hear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back