Grado PS 500 all new in the Grado Professional Series
Sep 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #16 of 58

Quote:
Don't get too excited guys. It's probably an HF-2 with a different engraving.

Judging by the physical description by the OP, how could it not be?

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 58
Looks superrr interesting, may be my first grados again after the 225s

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #21 of 58

​
RS1i
Vented diaphragm​
Wooden air chamber​
UHPLC copper voice coil wire​
UHPLC copper connecting cord​

Tranducer type​

dynamic​

Operating principle​

open air​

Frequency Response​

12-30​

SPL 1mW​

98​

Normal Impedance​

32ohms​

Driver matched db​

.05​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
PS500
Vented diaphragm​
Hybrid air chamber​
UHPLC copper voice coil wire​
UHPLC copper connecting cord​

Tranducer type​

dynamic​

Operating principle​

open air​

Frequency Response​

14-29​

SPL 1mW​

98​

Normal Impedance​

32ohms​

Driver matched db​

.05​

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #25 of 58

Quote:
Sorry to sidestep the thread but why does he keep going on about the low price is due to not being an import.  Really, in what universe?

This review is highly suspect, please dont put any weight on it, the reviewer thinks that grado makes closed back headphones for goodness sake.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #26 of 58
Looking past (if that's possible) all the exclamation marks and breathless phrases, this Positive Feedback review is nothing but a poorly written, poorly researched puff piece.  I agree, the review is basically worthless.  

If the reviewer is to be believed that the PS500s are "neutral," then I'm curious how they size up against the HP-1000s, which are truly neutral.  But his statement that these neutral cans are only bested by the PS-1000s (presumably as being, to use his typical-reviewer asinine word) "uber-neutral" is just way over the top.   I own the PS-1000, and I think they're fantastic cans - really one of my very favorite headphones, but I've never thought or heard them described as neutral, so I don't know where this reviewer is coming from, other than, again, to try to rush out a first meaningless review of the PS500s.  

And if these are in fact neutral cans, then the wait continues for a PS-1 replacement....

Gawd, these may or may not be great cans, but I'd rather hear it from someone who's not clearly out there shilling them.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #27 of 58
I would disregard that review immediately, the guy doesn't know jack **** about what he's talking about (neither do I, but i can act like i do) 
anywho, the review also makes me wonder how much of grado's brooklyn dollars went into "volunteering" a review sample
conspiracy theories aside, this is a HF2, no doubt about it.

I simply cannot believe how in other threads, members are convinced it will/very likely will be a radical departure from the grado house sounde 

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #28 of 58
Lol, that guy's review is laughable. :wink:

grado.11.jpg

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #29 of 58
Sep 12, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #30 of 58

Quote:
I would disregard that review immediately, the guy doesn't know jack **** about what he's talking about (neither do I, but i can act like i do) 
anywho, the review also makes me wonder how much of grado's brooklyn dollars went into "volunteering" a review sample
conspiracy theories aside, this is a HF2, no doubt about it.

I simply cannot believe how in other threads, members are convinced it will/very likely will be a radical departure from the grado house sounde 

Then I wish they would have just called it an HF2 instead of confusing everyone with PS500. Those babies look nice I was planning on getting either a SR325i next summer or really splurging and getting a RS1i and kicking back and calling it a year. Maybe I'll forgo both of them and just kick back and call it a year with a pair of PS500's. Lets hope some of the Tribe Grado HF2 faithful grab a pair of these and post a head to head shootout review on Head-fi so we all know what these new cans are and aren't.

What the ?????

Quote: from the stoner who wrote the above linked article
[size=x-small]The large diaphragms contain rare earth metals, including gold wire for maximum definition. The connecting cable is Grado's newest formula, with some fifteen wires enclosed in a proprietary shell. By being American made, they save big bucks from having to import phones from China and can, instead, bulk up on the technology. The PS 500s are available now as you read this review.[/size]

[size=x-small]For one-third the price you will get two-thirds of the performance. This is my kind of math! Sure, the PS 1000s are the most detailed cans I know of, and are every bit as nuanced as the Stax Omega Electrostats.[/size]

That dude needs to stop hitting the bong so hard.
rolleyes.gif
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back