Grado PS-1 Vs PS-1000
Dec 15, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm sure many members like myself are also waiting for a comparison like this to be posted. The PS-1's are one of John Grado's best that I've heard. Like a more detailed RS-1 with ridicu-bass.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #3 of 7
Zanth did compare the two in his PS1000 impression thread.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi pcf
Yeah i read Zanths posts, just fancied a couple of second opinions. I had a quick listen to a pair at Canjam but it wasn't ideal conditions. Im not sure about the extra soundstage, afaik headphones do not provide a realistic soundstage
I agree with the OP in the following discussion

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sou...o-i-do-455738/

This image was produced by P4Z
whatimseeingonstereovia.png

whatimseeingonstereohea.png

With my PS-1s i do not suffer from this effect as much because there is a small soundstage and it feels like your on the stage. With the PS-1000s im worried the larger soundstage will remove the intimacy and also annoy the hell out of me because everythings back to front

Dec 16, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 7
I think a weakness in the many Grado offerings in current production is the continued use of the inner plastic cup, even when coupling them (pardon the pun) to chambers/shells made of wood and/or aluminum. The plastic deadens the synergy between the drivers and the shells. After removing them from some headphones I was working with, and gluing the drivers to the shells themselves, I was blown away by the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back