GRADO PS-1 PRO -- IT'S OFFICIAL
Oct 29, 2003 at 3:43 PM Post #16 of 30
Two things -

1. Are we sure that the "FreeSystems"/Grado phone shown in the advertisement posted by sTaTIx is the same sets of cans that Sugano-san has been referring to as the Grado PS-1 Pro? It may seem so, but can we get confirmation?

2. Given the details provided in Sugano-san's initial post on this thread, it would sure seem to me that the PS-1 Pro does in fact exist, and that he was not talking out of his ass as others would have had us believe. So where are the apologies from the naysayers?

Edit: typos

Oct 29, 2003 at 3:47 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
Are we sure that the "FreeSystems"/Grado phone shown in the advertisement posted by sTaTIx is the same sets of cans that Sugano-san has been referring to as the Grado PS-1 Pro?

I doubt it. The Freesystems phones are model FS-1 (see their website). Plus pro users would never use a wireless setup, and the new phones are said to be targeted at the pro market.

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:11 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by MirandaX
I doubt it. The Freesystems phones are model FS-1 (see their website). Plus pro users would never use a wireless setup, and the new phones are said to be targeted at the pro market.

Statix was suggesting that just the FS-1 headphone (not the wireless receiver would be the basis of the new PS-1. I think this makes a lot of sense because then the PS-1 can use preexisting parts and molds. $1400 is a lot of cash! I'd sell my HP-2's for that price in a second!

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:12 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

2. Given the details provided in Sugano-san's initial post on this thread, it would sure seem to me that the PS-1 Pro does in fact exist, and that he was not talking out of his ass as others would have had us believe. So where are the apologies from the naysayers?

I think most of us where not denying what he said, it's just the way he gave info that was ridiculous.

Oct 29, 2003 at 5:55 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Given the details provided in Sugano-san's initial post on this thread, it would sure seem to me that the PS-1 Pro does in fact exist, and that he was not talking out of his ass as others would have had us believe. So where are the apologies from the naysayers?

Sure it 'exists'. I've known about it for over a year. I know someone who has a pair. But as far as general public consumption goes, no it does not exist.

Oct 29, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #22 of 30
No one needs to apologize to anyone. Some people just react to huge announcements with justified skepticism, as many audiophiles have been burnt in the past by false or exaggerated announcements. Sugano-san's secretive-style post didn't help matters, and John Grado personally denied the headphone's existence to me (though I did question his motives for this denial). While some were doubtful of the PS-1's existence, we were all hopeful (I was looking forward to an HP1000 successor). I am glad that more concrete evidence of the PS-1 Pro has been released, but you cannot blame me or others for being skeptical in this age of vaporware and exaggerated claims. Here's to the PS-1 Pro; now I have another excuse to sell my kidney!

Oct 29, 2003 at 8:14 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Damn, they're beautiful.

Damn, they cost way too much.
i really doubt that they justify the price.. grado sure are'nt shy when it comes to prices. they would do much better if their top models costs %60.
i think many people, as i, don't care for a 'phone that is very good, but costs $700. not to talk about this PS-1.. which i really don't give a damn, because i can't even listen to them.

maybe a good listen to the RS-1 will change my mind.. until then..i bet both don't worth the price. i prefer to save up for my omegaII for a few years instead, and quit this upgraditis crap
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #25 of 30
It does not matter to me if they exist if there is so no place for me to buy them!

Oct 30, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #26 of 30
You have to realize that this is the European import price -- compare to the European RS-1 price. The PS-1 Pro is what, 15% more than RS-1? That would make the PS-1 Pro an even $799 in the U.S. (IF they were sold here). That price is very similar to what used HP-1000 have been going for.

Perhaps they are for sale in Europe because it's been on European ebay sites -- particularly German -- that HP-1000 have gone for up to $1200+ a pair.

Oct 30, 2003 at 2:49 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by stax?monkey
Perhaps they are for sale in Europe because it's been on European ebay sites -- particularly German -- that HP-1000 have gone for up to $1200+ a pair.

HP-1000's have traded hands here on Head-Fi for well over $1200 a pair!

Oct 30, 2003 at 4:04 AM Post #28 of 30
Looks like I made the right move getting 325s! Aluminum rules!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 6:24 AM Post #29 of 30
including development, this headphones probably costs grado $100 top for a unit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back