Grado PS-1 on eBay!
Jun 3, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #31 of 66
Yes they were $1400 for those of us on this side of the pond and likely were about 1250 Euro from the German distributor at the time. The only way for us to get them mostly though was through Todd at $1400. There were only about 200 made making them the rarest of the top end headphones, that includes L3000, R10, HE90. I would like to know how many Qualias were made, because they had such a short life it could have been around 200 or less but given the hype and the new money flowing in Asia, I wouldn't be surprised if the number was closer to 1000 or more.

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #33 of 66
Not sure if this is the case or not, but indeed, when he was selling the HP-1000's and/or doing the raffle at the first international meet, the money he made from the phones went to his charity.

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #34 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if this is the case or not, but indeed, when he was selling the HP-1000's and/or doing the raffle at the first international meet, the money he made from the phones went to his charity.

The JAG01 and JAG02 PS-1 as well as some signed SR-40s were put up on Ebay and the money went to charity. I believe it was on an audiophile blog (same people that posted the Grado Labs tour in the meet impressions forum).

I suppose someone could call Grado Labs to find out.

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #35 of 66
Wow $2400 for a PS-1 with more than 4 days left on the auction. Wow.....I should have bought a used pair 3 years ago for $900!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #38 of 66
if you look at carefully about bidder, you will notice that there is only one person who increases the price of the phone so maddly and stupid. I think I should make it 4000$ and let that guy buys it over 4000$ for PS1 ^_^

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #40 of 66
This headphone is definitely being sold for charity so pretty much, I'd love to see it go as high as possible.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #42 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This headphone is definitely being sold for charity so pretty much, I'd love to see it go as high as possible.

I agree
the money will be used to help poor children.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #43 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by waddragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree
the money will be used to help poor children.

I asked the ebay seller whether he will accept a BUY IT NOW or not and he told me that he couldn't do that because the children like to watch the excitement of this auction
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
so plz dont' think this is the current price of PS1 . This is an auction for charity
Last time there is an PS3 laptop charity auction which was sold for 15000$
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #44 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky_star /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked the ebay seller whether he will accept a BUY IT NOW or not and he told me that he couldn't do that because the children like to watch the excitement of this auction
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
so plz dont' think this is the current price of PS1 . This is an auction for charity
Last time there is an PS3 laptop charity auction which was sold for 15000$
eek.gif
eek.gif

If I were rich I would have bought that PS3, it was super slick. Sure a PS3 hooked up to a nice LCD is much cheaper but the opportunity to have a spectacular one of a kind like that AND the fact that when I travel on business I can just take that and game to my heart's content...yeah man, 15k...definitely. I wish I would have worked for Google when I had the chance. I'd be a millionaire now
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back