grado prices are ridicoulous:here are the prices for the headphones.
Sep 23, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 21
The cost of living in Southern NJ is rediculous, here are the costs:

Property Tax: $3,300 per year.
Home Owners Insurance: $600 per year.
Car insurance $1100 per year.
Sales tax: Just raised to 7%

Just to name a few.

Add gas prices to all of that and,
blink.gif

I have no idea how in the hell so many people can afford to live here (and I make a pretty decent salary).

I am pretty sure it is cheaper to live in Hawaii, which is why I ask myself every single morning when I wake up 'Why in the hell am I living in this cesspool?'.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan

Ah, come on...it's not that bad. Especially down south where you are. Plus, our gas prices are some of the lowest in the country.

Just curious, what insurance do you use for you car? I switched to GEICO and saved a ton of money on my car insurance.....seriously. Around $500/year.

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofan
I forgot to mentiion the prices were canadian.sorry for inconvience this may have caused.

Hey, it's not that bad compared to the prices in Europe...

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofan
Sr60,160.00,sr80,190.00,sr125,sr225,300.00,sr325i, 410,rs2,700.00,rs1,1000.00.

That's why the BST forums here are your friend.
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #8 of 21
Iv never heard of someone dying for lack of high fidelity sound, so consider it a luxury and realize that the fact we have the means to buy anything to just listen to puts us well above ~90% of the worlds population.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Car insurance $1100 per year.

I'm in college and I pay more than that every six months! and if I would have kept living right in Minneapolis (I am now a few miles out of the city) my rates would be quite a bit higher than that!

BTW, that's for full coverage on a 99 Honda Accord!

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravitas
I switched to GEICO and saved a ton of money on my car insurance.....seriously. Around $500/year.

this sounds strangely fasmiliar . . . .
are you a gecko in disguise?
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
I'm in college and I pay more than that every six months! and if I would have kept living right in Minneapolis (I am now a few miles out of the city) my rates would be quite a bit higher than that!

You are paying over $2200 a year for car insurance on a 99 Accord? What is your record like?

If it isn't the worst in history then you need to get some quotes.

Sep 23, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravitas
Ah, come on...it's not that bad.

Oh how I wish you were right, but you're not. Sadly, it IS that bad here.

You have a point with the gas prices, they have indeed settled down a lot lately.

Forgot to mention, the pirce for car insurance I mentioned is for 2 cars.

Anyone who can say (with a straight face) that paying upwards of $3500 for property taxes (or much more in some areas of NJ) is 'not that bad' is fooling themselves. I'd LOVE to know where that much tax money is going, because I can tell you that it certainly isn't going into road repair/maintenance/improvement.

Sep 23, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben

Ouch! It really sucks to be you then. But don't worry, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If you keep a good driving record, the costs of car insurance goes down dramatically as you get older.

Sep 23, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Anyone who can say (with a straight face) that paying upwards of $3500 for property taxes (or much more in some areas of NJ) is 'not that bad' is fooling themselves. I'd LOVE to know where that much tax money is going, because I can tell you that it certainly isn't going into road repair/maintenance/improvement.

Yes, good point. I'm up near Princeton area and the roads are pretty bad here as well. ...what do they do with all that money? Build more jug handles? (which I hate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back