Grado pad replacements... in Japan
Jan 5, 2004 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gkanai

100+ Head-Fier
Happy New Year everyone!

I need new pads for my 225s as they are disintegrating and making a mess. The problem is that I am in Japan and while I can order stuff from the US and have it sent over, it'd be easier if I could find something of a replacement in Tokyo, rather Akihabara.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a good headphone store in Tokyo who might have replacement pads (dont have to be Grado per se) or barring that, some good replacement pad recommendations which I will try to track down myself.

I know Sennheiser pads were used but the model is discontinued and I'm almost positive I wont be able to order pads from discontinued phones. Plus there isnt any Radio Shack in Japan
wink.gif

Thanks in advance and best wishes to you and your wallet in 2004!

Jan 5, 2004 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 6
p.s. If any head-fi members want to plan a meet in Tokyo, feel free to let me know. I have no idea if there are any Tokyo members on this board but I know a few headphone lovers who'd attend a listening session.

Jan 5, 2004 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Just a suggestion: I would email to Grado (info@gradolabs.com) and ask for their distributor address in Japan.
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 6
The Sennheiser pads are for an older, discontinued model (HD-414), but can be obtained thru Sennheiser as a replacement part (#H-19545). They are very inexpensive, and can be modded (hole cut out) for use with Grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back