Grado or Alessandro?
Nov 4, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #17 of 42
Theres an online store, nothing fancy about it. They take PayPal too, the PayPay address is the same as their email listed on "order information". The ordering process is kind of primative (as with their website..). I suggest emailing them first about payment/etc.

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #20 of 42
Ninkul, give your MS-1i about 100 hours to fully settle in, and they will smooth out some more -- bass extension will improve, treble will smooth.

Also, using bowls instead of the stock comfy pads will clear things up a good bit. The comfy pads muddy things a bit to me. When you get your bowls, if you don't want the grills sitting right on your ears, take a look at my signature and the link for my "MS-100" mod -- it's a take on the MS-1000 mod, but easier and non-permanant.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ninkul, give your MS-1i about 100 hours to fully settle in, and they will smooth out some more -- bass extension will improve, treble will smooth.

Also, using bowls instead of the stock comfy pads will clear things up a good bit. The comfy pads muddy things a bit to me. When you get your bowls, if you don't want the grills sitting right on your ears, take a look at my signature and the link for my "MS-100" mod -- it's a take on the MS-1000 mod, but easier and non-permanant.

I'm with you there. I've actually never heard an MS-1 with comfy pads... both of the ones I've tried have had bowl pads, and I really can't imagine they would sound good with comfies.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by milford302009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you get them, the price sounds nice, i live in auckland.. grados r so expensive here...

Revogamer posted above and said that the place where he works has Grados, so maybe you can check what their prices are and maybe they will have Alessandros too.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #23 of 42
The 125s sound great ... just thought I'd defend this headphone since people here seem to think it's a horrible headphone ... for no good reason might I add.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #25 of 42
I can do $160-170ish (NZD) for some SR60i's shipped within NZ New

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #26 of 42
Right, and that's inflated, given that MS1i is NZ$150 shipped to NZ. SR60 can be had for under $120 new, shipped from the US, if you've got friends there. Else, they're even cheaper if you wanna buy it used from our excellent FS forums.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #27 of 42
not my faulty grado controls the price in every country :p

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #28 of 42
You're right, of course. I don't know about Grado's international pricing policies, although the stickied interview seems to differ from your assessment. Still, assuming that Grado is twisting your arm with regard to price, my sympathy does not lead me to buy Grado headphones from you. Nor does it lead me to suggest others to do so. Regardless of your deal with Grado, the fact is that NZers can get a better deal elsewhere. And to elsewhere I suggest they go!

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #29 of 42
Yeah.. our dollar is doing quite well at the moment too which isn't helping local sales.

I haven't been a strong believer of burn in (i don't think it makes as much difference as people say it does) but i'll give it a go. Still a week until exams are over
tongue.gif

Currently trying to source some distancers and whatnot for a MS-1000 mod to no avail though
frown.gif

Possibly try find some wood cups too
tongue.gif

Edit: Woo for NZ-fi, sucks how it seems like everyone here is from down south or way up in Auckland
frown.gif
lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back