Grado Liberators. .Ordering Problem?
May 1, 2007 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

terance

1000+ Head-Fier
I sent payment for my Grado liberators April 12th, following the website's directions.

it has been almost three weeks and I have not even gotten an email back from Dark Audio saying that they shipped my Grado Liberators.

Did I just lose 50 bucks?

Anyone else have this problem?

thanks head-fi,
matt

May 1, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 11
I sent them a payment 2 months ago for the Liberators, but cancelled the payment when I noticed that the e-mail address I sent the money to wasn't a verified paypal address. I have a feeling your money is simply floating in cyberspace. I tried to send payment to the info@darkaudio.com address. I looked all over their site for an address to send payment to but couldn't find one.

May 1, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 11
however good their business may have been at any particular time, their website looks tenuous at best. So I sent them an email a few days ago that went unreplied. Also they have nothing on eBay currently and not recently, if I recall correctly, so I'd hesitate (which I am doing).

May 1, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent them a payment 2 months ago for the Liberators, but cancelled the payment when I noticed that the e-mail address I sent the money to wasn't a verified paypal address. I have a feeling your money is simply floating in cyberspace. I tried to send payment to the info@darkaudio.com address. I looked all over their site for an address to send payment to but couldn't find one.

is it too late to cancel the payment

pretty dissapointed by this. . there seem to be alot of people with liberators floating around here.

May 1, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 11
When enquiring about buying one, he emailed me this-

Dear Friend
Thanks for your interest in liberators.

For ordering please just give me your mailing address and send the amount to
my Paypal account bankslists@yahoo.com
This is the easiest way.

The total price with shipment to Europe is 30 euro; USA, Canada, Asia - 42
USD, Australia - 50USD
Currently we give also felt dampers together with liberators that make Grado
frequency response more even. So you get a pair of liberators and a pair of
dampers.

Unfortunately there ar big delays in production (about 3 weeks). The
airmail takes also several days to arrive if outside Europe (2 days inside
Europe).

Bests and thanks again,
Alex

May 1, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #6 of 11
I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I made a paypal payment on April 2, still haven't received the Liberators and haven't gotten any responses to my last 5 emails when earlier Alex would write back within a day or so. $40 is a bit much to lose but I'm more disappointed that I possibly won't get the Liberators. I was really looking forward to them...

May 1, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #7 of 11
Just relax guys, this isn't that bad at all, IMO. He is very nice guy, Alex I mean, and will be back with all of you pretty soon, I am sure of it.

I will send him e-mail and ask what the problem is. And by the way, this is the e-mail address, if you need one of course.

dark-audio@go2.pl

Cheers to all and please be patient.
cool.gif

May 5, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Hi all and let me explain about delays.

Sorry for everyone who ordered and payed for Liberators, but still didn't get them. There are 2 reasons:
- I had production delays about 2-3 weeks, but ALL THE RECENTLY ORDERED LIBERATORS WERE SENT BETWEEN 5 and 25 of April 2007 by REGISTERED AIRMAIL.
- Airmail can take up to 2 weeks, especially for long or exotic destinations, but even for e.g. California. I don't send by service like UPS because it is far much more expensive.

SORRY AGAIN AND PLEASE DON'T WORRY. I BELIEVE EVERYONE WHO ORDERED WILL SEE HIS LIBERATORS ARRIVING VERY SOON. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VERIFY ON THE STAMP THAT THEY WERE SENT IN THE 2-3 WEEK OF APRIL.

Concerning my email (this is very simple and clear):
Our former e-mail was: info@dark-audio.com. It is no longer valid.
Since 2 months the address is dark-audio@go2.pl (or ..@o2.pl)
The address for Paypal is the above one, or (second possibility) bankslists@yahoo.com.

Sorry if I don't answer e-mails immediately, Dark-Audio is my second activity, I am not full-time commited and can not always provide an immediate reply, but I do my best.

If anybody is unsatisfied please contact me. I am devoted to a serious work, however, I unfortunately have delays, as I explained above. Everyone who payed for liberators since the beginning of the production - received them, and it continues to be like this. Please ask on head-fi if there has been historically anyone who payed and did not receive!

Best to all Head-fi friend and please don't worry, just please give me some understanding.

Alex (from www.dark-audio.com, www.headphonesguru.com)

May 5, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 11
Part of the problem is that a lot of us have been spoiled by the quick shipment and delivery of many items. I usually receive a package from the West coast to the East coast of the US in 3 to 4 days max. It took 6 weeks for my set of Liberators to arrive, but I never felt that I wouldn't get them (had all my e-mails answered.) They're currently installed on my sons SR80s and will eventually go on my SR225s when I bring them home from work.

May 5, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 11
So, how do they sound?? Improved soundstage, and all that, or just have more trouble fitting into really confined headspaces?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Other Allen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part of the problem is that a lot of us have been spoiled by the quick shipment and delivery of many items. I usually receive a package from the West coast to the East coast of the US in 3 to 4 days max. It took 6 weeks for my set of Liberators to arrive, but I never felt that I wouldn't get them (had all my e-mails answered.) They're currently installed on my sons SR80s and will eventually go on my SR225s when I bring them home from work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back