Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program!
Oct 2, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #196 of 218
Just checking in to let you guys know I just received my GS1000e.  Thanks.

This is my first time hearing Grados, and initial listening is pretty good, definitely brighter than LCD2.2, but in a good way.  I can hear so much of the upper treble music.  I listen mostly to vocals, and the GS1000e really opens up the sound stage compares to LCD2.   The brightness did get in the way on some song for me though, taking the prominence role and over coming the vocals.  That's my initial impression, will update as I have more time with it.

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #198 of 218
:O they still doing the Loaner program, I've yet to hear a Grado <.< In fact I'm getting a Modded Grado Senn, hybrid can in soon

non the less, I'd love to finally get a chance to hear one... 

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #201 of 218
Well good news and bad, I've got this Senn Grado Modded can and it sounds pretty stellar. The guys who built it have been comparing it with main Grado Line headphones, 

looks like I might not get around to hearing an official Grado, but if this little Hybrid Monster is as close to the Grado Sound sig as it's builders feel it is, I can see the appeal of the Grado Cans! I'm really diggin the aggression of it. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #202 of 218
I received the RS1e yesterday, and I'm having my first listen right now (David Bowie).  My HF-2s are starting to sulk.....

Oct 18, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #204 of 218
^^ They are unexpected fantastic.  To me, they are almost as same level as the LCD2 and T1.  I got them just a few days ago, but they're becoming my favorite headphones for some genres. 

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #205 of 218
^^ They are unexpected fantastic.  To me, they are almost as same level as the LCD2 and T1.  I got them just a few days ago, but they're becoming my favorite headphones for some genres. 

Wow. Interesting. I demo'ed them for a week and was very underwhelmed and disappointed, especially when comparing them with $400-500 competitors. Tell us more.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #206 of 218
Wow. Interesting. I demo'ed them for a week and was very underwhelmed and disappointed, especially when comparing them with $400-500 competitors. Tell us more.

Maybe because I didn't find their bass insufficient, it's not as deep as LCD2 (or even HD800) but I prefer it to HD600's. IMO, they are very euphoric, I like their smooth treble extension, details, and punchy bass.

Oct 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #207 of 218
I should say I've never been fun of the Grado headphones until now. I had the SR125i for a few months and tried the SR325is several times.  Looking forward to read more impressions of the SR325e.

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #208 of 218
  Looking forward to more impressions of the Rs1e, in particular when compared to non-Grado competitors.

I'm pondering my review as we speak, but lets just say the RS1e will be mine someday, even at the cost of my HF-2s...

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #209 of 218
Please help me out here you loyal Grado Head-Fi'ers !

Last August I was forwarded what I believe were to be GS1000e headphones. The Post Office never delivered them and took them to a location some 60 miles round trip from my office. I refunded the shipping cost to the person who sent them to me because I didn't have the ability to take time off work and drive to some Post Office far from work and pick them up. The Post Office never returned them to the Head-Fi shipper. The Post Office never could find them and didn't know what to do So, today, I went to that Post Office, had them locate the headphones, and now have a sealed box (I haven't opened it) that I believe are GS1000e headphones.

These belong to Todd Green and/or whoever is on his list to receive them. I've e-mailed Todd twice and have gotten no response. I'm hoping this forum will get to him or someone will read this and know what to do. I don't even want to listen to them or write a review at this point since they sat in never-never land for so long. This is not Todd's fault or the shipper's - just a terrible, terrible fiasco. I'll never sign up for a loaner program again.

Please, Todd or fellow Head-Fi'ers, help me out here. I want to do what is right by the Vinyl Junkie and will forward them appropriately.

THEY WILL ONLY BE SHIPPED BY UPS OR FED-EX FROM ME - NO FREAKING UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE. NO WONDER THEY LOSE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR.

BTW - I think the fellow who shipped them to me has the handle of "HK_sends" if that helps out.

Just got some assistance from "wormsdriver" - to whom I offer many thanks!

*** UPDATE***

Just spoke with Todd. He seems like a really decent fellow and we should all send some business his way. The Grados will be on their way back to him on Saturday by UPS. Yippee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back