grado L and R blocks losing friction?
May 1, 2010 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

theryaner

Head-Fier
I've had my sr-325is for almost a year and the left block has noticeably less friction than the right. It even slides down a bit when lying idle on the desk for a few hours. Anyone else experience this?

note: I did install a j money headband and the left side is where I removed the headband, but the block appears to be securely clamped together.

May 1, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 13
I guess I would just use heatshrink above the block along the rod since I don't really adjust it except to put it back in the position I always use.
Reglue the block together? Tie something there? Maybe some duct tape? (lolz) I don't know.

Alternatively, try this. You fit it on the rod above and below the block, tighten with those little screws. I forgot what thread I saw this in and I'm too lazy to check.

May 2, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 13
It happened to my RS1i. They were really sliding.

I popped off the plastic on top of the rods, slid the rods off the L/R blocks, dropped glue into the blocks, slid a match through the blocks it before the glue settled. Then pushed back the rods into the blocks: the friction was perfect and stayed perfect and unchanged.

May 2, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 13
buy a couple of setscrews at the hardware store/home depot, drill holes, screw them in.
dnc0oy.jpg

May 3, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 13
These are great suggestions, each with its own genius. This is why I keep coming back to Headfi.

May 3, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can also try clear nail polish. just apply a coat or two to the rods to prevent sliding down.

Yep, that's what I said above. It's the easiest way of fixing that problem.

May 15, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #12 of 13
thanks for all the great responses, guys! How would you go about popping off the plastic tip on the end of the rods? I'm pretty sure it's glued down and i scuffed it a bit when I used pliers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back