Grado HP2 - leather cover headband problem
Oct 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #8 of 23
Semi-threadjack:

I am looking into a J$ headband for my PS500's. I am worried about removing the headband will permanently damage the l/r block. Or is it just held in with a clip?

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
Semi-threadjack:

I am looking into a J$ headband for my PS500's. I am worried about removing the headband will permanently damage the l/r block. Or is it just held in with a clip?

It won't damage it.  Just use a few drops of acetone or nail polish removed to get down in along the metal where it connects to the plastic.  It will soften the glue so you can pull out the metal piece.  After you've installed the new headband, wipe off the metal end and apply a small drop of general adhesive (not super glue) and put it back together.

Also, the word has been out for a few months that JMoney is no longer selling leather headbands.  Some great reviews on these headbands have been circulating around the forum:

http://www.headphonelounge.com

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #11 of 23
Just caught this thread- I don't think any of John's or the other after market headbands would fit HP-2. I am not sure if Joe still sells them. It was $200 each.

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:
Just caught this thread- I don't think any of John's or the other after market headbands would fit HP-2. I am not sure if Joe still sells them. It was $200 each.

OMG!!!! I must be really careful with the leather headband of my HP2 then....
eek.gif

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #13 of 23

Quote:
Jin answer:

"no my headband is not compatible"

Thats odd, I always thought that the HP-2 actually uses the same headband as the rest of the lineup? Can somebody confirm this?

Jin and I do our own separate things btw, we just share a homepage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back