Grado HP2 - leather cover headband problem
Oct 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
It won't damage it.  Just use a few drops of acetone or nail polish removed to get down in along the metal where it connects to the plastic.  It will soften the glue so you can pull out the metal piece.  After you've installed the new headband, wipe off the metal end and apply a small drop of general adhesive (not super glue) and put it back together.

Also, the word has been out for a few months that JMoney is no longer selling leather headbands.  Some great reviews on these headbands have been circulating around the forum:

http://www.headphonelounge.com

what? They don't sell headbands anymore? I thought it was because the owner was in Europe for archaeological dig.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #23 of 23
Hey all,

If anyone's interested I've got a padded lambskin (black) headband I got from Martin Custom Audio specifically
for Grado.  It didn't work for me as my head is quite small, so I've decided to go with a Beyer pad.  But should
 be fine for most people.

20 bucks; you pay the shipping.  Please PM and I can send pics.  I'm new to the board, but do have reviews on ebay and Amazon.

UPDATE: If you're a longtime member for Head-fi I'd be willing to mail out the headband FIRST and wait to receive payment
until AFTER you've gotten the headband.  You can't beat that, right? 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back