Grado HP-2 rattling?
Jun 22, 2004 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

some1x

Headphoneus Supremus
There is some rattling when during specific places in some tracks where the bass is a bit heavier than usual (its definitely caused by the phones because the HD600 and ER4P did not do this). It seems to dissappear after a while, but then comes back...

I remember reading about this being caused by hair/dust? How do I fix this?

Jun 22, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 6
It could be caused by a hair on the driver but more likely it is due to actual driver damage. Look closely to see if there are any hairs sticking out of the mesh covering the driver.

Worst case scenario, you may have to purchase a new pair of drivers. Joe has HP-1000 drivers (although still in storage) for $200 or you can install RS-1 drivers immediately (jpelg was happy with this) for under $100.

Jun 22, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Do you know if I can get this fixed in Canada?

I don't think Grado has authorized repair facilities in Canada. I'm pretty sure everything is done in their NY factory.

You might be able to have a pair of bare drivers shipped to you, and have someone local do the install.

Jun 22, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't know about getting the drivers from Joe, but if I understand correctly Grado does the repairs in-house in Brooklyn, NY. I've had to ship my Grados there from Canada for repair.

Jun 22, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Do you know if I can get this fixed in Canada?

I doubt it, if it is the speaker that's blown. Joe Grado is the only one with drivers. You should contact Grado and get their thoughts.

EDIT as Jpelg mentioned it imght be possible to get the drivers shipped and then have someone local do the repairs. I'm guessing they're out of warranty!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back