GRADO HP-1000 HP-3 Sighting on Ebay!!
Jun 10, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #34 of 51
I got stevieos
biggrin.gif
Head-fi has really messed up my value system..

Jun 10, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #38 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Did I mention you should get Flap Pads from Todd?

Heh, or even the flat pads!
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #40 of 51
So who won? I'm at work and I can't see Ebay from work.

BTW, does flatpads make Grado more comfortable? I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't search for the information (no search). How would flatpads change the sonic signature of Grado? Thanks in advance!

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #42 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Winning bid: US $455.00

Wow that's not too bad. If I didn't buy RS-2 few week's ago, I would've been all over HP-2 and HP-3.

Jun 12, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #43 of 51
Consider this:

If Joe Grado still has new drivers available and he's still working on the headphones? He charges $200 to replace the drivers with new ones. So with shipping and all it puts the price at just about $700 for a really nice current pair of new HP1000's that would be equal to the HP-2's.

Not a bad deal.

Mitch

Jun 12, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #44 of 51
Quote:

If Joe Grado still has new drivers available and he's still working on the headphones? He charges $200 to replace the drivers with new ones. So with shipping and all it puts the price at just about $700 for a really nice current pair of new HP1000's that would be equal to the HP-2's.

That auction price is terrific. And you can have John Grado put a pair of RS-1 drivers in instead, and for far less. That's what I did recently, and I prefer the result over both stock cans (RS-1 & HP-2). Still going thru changes during burn in. Right now, I am using bowl pads again. Go figure *shrug*
eek.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #45 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
That auction price is terrific. And you can have John Grado put a pair of RS-1 drivers in instead, and for far less. That's what I did recently, and I prefer the result over both stock cans (RS-1 & HP-2). Still going thru changes during burn in. Right now, I am using bowl pads again. Go figure *shrug*
eek.gif

hehe prob sounds like a baby ps-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back