Grado HF1 new appreciation thread?
Feb 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure? 4 days ago in the first page of this thread. My memory's bad, but gee whiz ...
wink.gif

My memorys not bad, it's.........it's...............wait, what were we talking about?

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #48 of 62
I got my HF-1's today. To tell you guys the truth, when I first bought these, I did not really buy them for listening. I am a huge Grado fan, and I am also a head-fi fan, and to me, the HF-1's were more a piece of head-history, rather than "just another headphone".

Well, happily, these cans also sound friggen awesome. They are by all means superior to the entire SR series. I cannot compare them to the RS-1's because I have had very small listening sessions with them only. However, I would lean to say that they are very similar (please dont throw stuff at me!).

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco
I got my HF-1's today. To tell you guys the truth, when I first bought these, I did not really buy them for listening. I am a huge Grado fan, and I am also a head-fi fan, and to me, the HF-1's were more a piece of head-history, rather than "just another headphone".

Well, happily, these cans also sound friggen awesome. They are by all means superior to the entire SR series. I cannot compare them to the RS-1's because I have had very small listening sessions with them only. However, I would lean to say that they are very similar (please dont throw stuff at me!).

congrats !
biggrin.gif

i own both and they sound different enough to my ears for me to call them disimiliar, also i prefer the hf a fair bit more for the majority of my listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco
Hehe good luck with the search.
happy_face1.gif

i actually let my friend listen to both and she prefered the hfs too.
now she wants my pair..
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #50 of 62
By similar, I meant quality of sound, not necessarily sound signature. But yes, as for the RS-1's I never really liked them enough to justify $700 on them. I generally like a more colorful sound, which although Grado does offer that, I feel that the W5000's are better to my ears.

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #52 of 62
i just had a little history lesson about the hf1's and came here to this thread. damn, my wallet had to pick this time (of all times) to be completely flat broke, else i'd be on ebay having my first bidding war...

must also resist the urge to put sr325i cups on the wooden housings... home made ps1000
gs1000.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #53 of 62
I'm still the original owner of my pair of HF-1 and listen to them on a regular basis. I like their sound signature and think it's one of the best headphone purchases I've made. I would think that a used pair of HF-1 in excellent condition would run close to the $400 dollar range if not more.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #54 of 62
@coco.

hey whats the number on your hf1s?
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think that a used pair of HF-1 in excellent condition would run close to the $400 dollar range if not more.

yes, i've never seen them go over 500.
or 450 for that matter

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #55 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@coco.

hey whats the number on your hf1s?
icon10.gif

yes, i've never seen them go over 500.
or 450 for that matter

I've seen them go for over $500... or at least I've seen people try to sell them for that much. This was just after they stopped making them though and I haven't seen many for sale lately (though I don't really look).

I'm using nice #16. Had #323 but sold it... worst mistake I ever made in this hobby. I do remember enjoying the RS1 slightly more... but it was $500 more than I was willing to pay.

As for the creep upwards... I think it has to do with people settling into their higher end systems and only really recommending what they use. The new people may hear about bang for the buck headphones, but they usually either upgrade pretty fast or (probably) become satisfied with the bang for the buck ones and just stop coming here...

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #56 of 62
My pair is #475. I am actually selling them now. If any of you guys are interested let me know. They are in great condition, and are still with the box. I wish I could keep these, but I need the money.

Mar 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #57 of 62
i really need to stop going into this thread... makes me want some badly..

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #58 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i really need to stop going into this thread... makes me want some badly..

Yes, this thread is a wallet killer.

I am selling mine so i figured I would post some eye candy
wink.gif

3363098879_5ba3433069_b.jpg

3363096359_2c315c2454_b.jpg

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #59 of 62
#349 checking in! I've always liked these every time I've tried them in different rigs but boy, these are in all ways superior to the SR225 I owned previously. I couldn't stand the cheesegrater highs of the SR225 but these are just right treble wise and bass is a lot better than the 225s too.

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #60 of 62
thats it!! i need hf1s... who wants to sell me one
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back