Grado HF-1 VS. SR325i
Mar 23, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
The 325i is a very special Grado can! It has a very high level of detail, and sounds its best with a good tube amp. When driven properly, the highs are like nothing of the kind, and you will appreciate why this Grado is a step up from the rest, and to some degree, even the RS-1!

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I believe the SR325i is a real sleeper.
It has been over looked and not judged properly, I find it does everything right from top to bottom, IMO.

Mar 23, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 20
Wow, I am amazed at the love the 325 is getting here vs normal. If the 325 had been my first grado, I never would have listened to any others. I DETEST the 325is. Harsh, painful sound. The 225s, hf1s, rs1s, ps1s, and hp1s all are better in my opinion.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #19 of 20
It's just amazing to me how we all hear differently! Other cans I thought I'd love based on general consensus here I heard completely differently. From my searching the 325i doesn't seem to be a big favorite here, I'm glad I got an opportunity to hear them before deciding on a purchase.

I don't find them harsh in the least except on some recordings that are already harsh to begin with - there the clarity of the 325s isn't helpful. The bass is just amazing, for kicks I played "Dumb Girl" with the EQ almost maxed on the bass sliders...
basshead.gif

I tried PS-1, HP-2, HHF1, SR325i, and an SR60(80?) and I vastly preferred the PS-1s
very_evil_smiley.gif
but my next favorite is the can I own. I found the HPs surprisingly boring after listening to the John Grado cans and the low-end SR can was nice for the price but I can afford, and want, more. For reasons stated previously I do prefer the SR-325i over the HHF-1 by a decent margin as well.

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #20 of 20
I just ordered a pair of 325i's and I've never heard them before. I got them at a good price, though, so here's hoping I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back