GRADO HF-1! OMGOMGOGMGOMGOMGOMG!
Sep 10, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #241 of 344
We're already to the 100s? I think Todd's going to have to go past 250...hmm, what are the odds of me snagging #225?
biggrin.gif
Someone's coming to take a look at the amp I'm selling in 2 hours, here's hopin!

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #242 of 344
Actually slight question, are the HF-1's only for paying members? Or are those of us that haven't contributed still eligible?

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #243 of 344
Just called up Todd and ordered my pair, I'm #101 can't wait to get these in. He said the first batch will be just 24 pairs, but the second batch will be around 100 or so. Should be here in about 3 weeks maybe less.

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #244 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228
#77 here. so i guess we'll be in the same lot.
thanks todd.

ps. hope you are enjoying your hd595 najib

The 595 kicks ass man! I think since i got it, I've listened to them everyday. If you're still interested, i can bring them over man. PM me or something.

Najib

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #246 of 344
!!! i love this stuff !!! Just called back right now, and my number is 89. Cant wait
eggosmile.gif

EDIT: i now realize that this was the craziest impulse buy ever! lol, gotta love head-fi !!!!!!

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #247 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
Actually slight question, are the HF-1's only for paying members? Or are those of us that haven't contributed still eligible?

Non contributing head-fi members are eligible to buy HF-1's

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #248 of 344
I'm #33. They are avaible to head-fi members contributing or not. I think that its a way of helping people start contributing.

Speaking of, I've been trying to contribute for a bit and the link doesn't some to work (pm-ed Jude and emailed the webmaster). After passing the 100 post mark, I thought that it was something I should do but does anyone know a way of doing it currently?

Back on topic, I asked Todd how he was able to do this; he simply said that John Grado is one of his dearest friends not only in the audio world but all others as well. It's really nice to see stuff like that happen. John's a great guy as evidenced in his interview; Todd is too and his service is first-rate; and Jude is fantastic and deserves this and more (again, let me know how I can send you money in order to contribute).

Totally, theoretical but this may sound fairly similar to the RS-2 (a warmer 225). Cant' wait.

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #249 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth
Totally, theoretical but this may sound fairly similar to the RS-2 (a warmer 225). Cant' wait.

Yeah that is a big push factor for me. I always loved the wooden Grados, and the SR225 holds the title for my favorite grado. How could I lose?

(answer: need $$ lol)

Sep 10, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #250 of 344
How long did it take for you guys to get your call back? I called about 5-6 last night and I'm kinda paranoid about whether or not my message got recorded...

Sep 10, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #252 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frndlefire
How long did it take for you guys to get your call back? I called about 5-6 last night and I'm kinda paranoid about whether or not my message got recorded...

Left a message about 7pm est yesterday....got a call back about 12.30pm today.

Sep 10, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #254 of 344
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frndlefire

Me too. Well, left a message on phone and sent an e-mail and nothing back on either of those...
eek.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #255 of 344
Oh geez, I really don't need a third home Grado, but I feel really really compelled to buy a pair of HF-1s. I really really should still be saving for my source and amp instead of getting another pair of headphones. If I get these, then I'll have a wooden, metal, and plastic Grado to round out my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back