Grado headbands?
Oct 1, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #76 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
Why even bring this stuff up if you aren't going to discuss it? What "tactics" and "ways"? The tactics of making special headphones just for head-fi? The tactics of allowing one of the members here to interview the owner of the company? The ways of producing quality headphones that sound great? Please enlighten us or don't even mention it at all.

I feel everyone has a right to their opinion and not everyone has to like Grado phones, but if you are going to bring up things, explain them and elaborate.

My opinion is that vinyl is fine.

My apologies meat01. I can elaborate a bit more more but not too much as that would increase the risk of a flame war starting -Highly undesirable since this isn't my thread.

The "tactics" I'm talking about involve the headband for the original target of this thread. I also believe that the HF-1 is another "tactic" but not one that I'm referring to in this thread. If you'd like to discuss more about my views about Grado's problems, kindly PM me and we'll try to work it out via e-mail.

You could also do a search on my posts and see that while others were making noise about a wooden box for the PS-1 and RS1, I was frustratingly trying to raise my own point about Grado's horrbile headbands.

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #77 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Somebody earlier had the idea and I think it's a great one. When the HF-1 thing slows down, a thread should be initiated where everyone that was interested in procuring a leather headband would post as an affirmative interest. This thread should contain no other discussion or criticism....just "Yes" I want a leather headband for my Grado.

I have to believe there may be as many as 200-300 people who would want to upgrade their bands.

Once the thread is full, it would be forwarded to Todd to demonstrate our interest and to see what he could do for us.

I suppose this could be initiated now so people have time to post, and then it could be forwarded when the HF wars are done.

How does that sound?....Let's do it.

Good going! I sincerely hope it works out... Hopefully the trend will continue and the headbands on other Grado models will be upgraded as well.

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #78 of 88
I think that's a good idea, I'd be in.

And I think we should clear something up as well. The SR325 headband would be fine. I understand why John would have reservations with giving us RS2 headbands, so we should get that idea out of our heads right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #79 of 88
I for one would definatly love to upgrade the headband on my HF-1. Leather would definatly add to the feel of quality.

Oct 2, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #80 of 88
"The SR325 headband would be fine. I understand why John would have reservations with giving us RS2 headbands."

My MS2i, and I would assume that the 325 also, has the same leather headband that the RS2 does.

- augustwest

Oct 2, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #81 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
YES!!! COUNT ME IN!!! I dont have the organizational skills or the time (with 2 kids) to be the focal point. But I certainly would like one for my HF-1.

Garrett

I just wish I had my HF-1's!

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #83 of 88
Quote:

Let's wait to see what Zanth's second Grado interview says, apparently headbands were discussed.

Once that is out, and if appropriate, I will post the interest thread (or any other volunteer that is willing and able for that matter).

Any idea on when this will be posted?

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #84 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Any idea on when this will be posted?

afaik it's more than a week overdue, but we must remember that Zanth, unlike some (or many) of us, has a life outside of Head-Fi.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 4:21 PM Post #87 of 88
Quote:

Somebody earlier had the idea and I think it's a great one. When the HF-1 thing slows down, a thread should be initiated where everyone that was interested in procuring a leather headband would post as an affirmative interest. This thread should contain no other discussion or criticism....just "Yes" I want a leather headband for my Grado.

I have to believe there may be as many as 200-300 people who would want to upgrade their bands.

Once the thread is full, it would be forwarded to Todd to demonstrate our interest and to see what he could do for us.

I suppose this could be initiated now so people have time to post, and then it could be forwarded when the HF wars are done.

How does that sound?....Let's do it.

I am pretty sure I am getting an HF-1 now.. if the leather headband is available by then, I will certainly jump the opportunity to get both
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #88 of 88
Kontai69 -- how did you mod your cans so the buttons are off and the "grills" look so clean?  I've been dying to do that for my 325's.  Have not a clue how to do it without marring the grills.

BTW, I have a lambskin padded one I purchased from Martin Custom Audio that I'm looking to sell:  http://martincustomaudio.blogspot.com/p/services.html  It just didn't work out for me.  I think if they were stitched it'd be a lot better (plus I need more padding; I got a small head).  Anyway, the headband came loose at the ends.  However, a little glue will fix that.  It's still perfectly usable.  If anyone's interested, please PM.  I can send pics.  I'm new to the board, but do have reviews on eBay
and Amazon. 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back