Grado gs1000, Black Dragon upgrade
Feb 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rfprice

New Head-Fier
I've begun flirting with the idea of re-cabling my Grado gs1000. Anyone with any opinions on the Black Dragon cable? Would love to hear from someone who has directly compared the stock and the upgrade. Would super love to hear from someone who began with stock and then went for the re-cabling. Were your expectations fulfilled?

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I've begun flirting with the idea of re-cabling my Grado gs1000. Anyone with any opinions on the Black Dragon cable? Would love to hear from someone who has directly compared the stock and the upgrade. Would super love to hear from someone who began with stock and then went for the re-cabling. Were your expectations fulfilled?

Heya,

I re-cable most of my permanent collection headphones. While I don't have the GS1000, I do have the opinion that even though I've spent a stupid amount on re-cables, I haven't noticed a sonic difference from the cable. The only difference is made was convenience, balanced connection (XLR), and higher quality with sheaths and shorter cables, which is still worth it to me. Just my experience so far with re-cables. I know some people seem to think there are some kind of magical night and day differences with cables, but I have copper and silver cables and I don't hear a lick of difference.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back