Grado GS-1000 Awesome but what nextt!!!!?????
Feb 25, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado GS-1000 Awesome but what nextt!!!!?????

Errr the PS1000?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The two I would recommend would be the PS-1 as recommended above, and the HP-1000. The PS-1 is a bass-shattering John Grado beast that will definitely give you a different signature than the GS1000, but still in the same "Family."

The HP-1000 is a Grado, but will really sound like a different signature altogether - the "Joe Grado" sound. It's more neutral, almost to a fault. But it's not "cold" like a Sony, it's still warm, but not through any kind of midrange hump - it's humpless. It's almost like the perfect monitoring can, except that its open nature really doesn't make it practical for that. Really great detail and sense of space and placement and so on...It's my main can (although mine have some Darth mods to extend the freq a bit and make it circumaural and boost the bass a tad - hey, i'm listening as a consumer not a professional).

You couldn't have described the HP-2 any better. The HP-2 shouldn't even be mentioned among Grado headphones. It's a whole different sound and I perfer them to all other Grados, it's about accuracy. I don't have the C-pads and other mods, so the K-1000 gives me that accuracy with a larger soundstage, but the HP-2s are right up there next to them as my main 2 cans.

I was going to say it's good to see a post by Jahn, but then I realized this is an old thread
frown.gif

Also, the PS-1000 is going to be similar to the GS-1000 and the GS-1000 "i" should not sound different at all or extremely minor differences anyway - might be better, but might be worse, ala the old RS-1 vs new RS-1.

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #19 of 19
Folks,

I just created a group on FaceBook called "Owners and Appreciators of the Grado GS-1000". You could join and post photos and leave comments on there for the "not so knowledgeable of Head-Fi" public. I would appreciate if you pass this message along.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back