Grado GH-1 Discussion
May 27, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #1,037 of 1,091
Thank you everyone who responded to my question about GH-1 bass - treble balance. I 'liked' all your comments.

Another Grado is tempting for me, because they are so light and comfortable. I think that counts for a lot. I could honestly and absolutely have done, wear my 225e all day.

However, and it might seem the wrong way to judge, but I was thinking of spending more than the price of a GH-1. I just can't help being curious about them though, and especially because the GH-2 are still in stock everywhere. I saw the GH-2 even listed on Amazon, and was thinking, 'Oh yeah those GH-1 that everyone loved'.

Funny though that for a limited edition headphone, that the GH-2 is still in stock. Maybe because the supply of maple for the GH-1 was limited because it was just one tree. Whereas their supply of cocobolo was possibly more plentiful. ... Or maybe all Grado fans bought the GH-1, and there are not enough left to buy the GH-2.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #1,039 of 1,091
Thank you everyone who responded to my question about GH-1 bass - treble balance. I 'liked' all your comments.

Another Grado is tempting for me, because they are so light and comfortable. I think that counts for a lot. I could honestly and absolutely have done, wear my 225e all day.

However, and it might seem the wrong way to judge, but I was thinking of spending more than the price of a GH-1. I just can't help being curious about them though, and especially because the GH-2 are still in stock everywhere. I saw the GH-2 even listed on Amazon, and was thinking, 'Oh yeah those GH-1 that everyone loved'.

Funny though that for a limited edition headphone, that the GH-2 is still in stock. Maybe because the supply of maple for the GH-1 was limited because it was just one tree. Whereas their supply of cocobolo was possibly more plentiful. ... Or maybe all Grado fans bought the GH-1, and there are not enough left to buy the GH-2.

The GH1 didn't sell out immediately either. There's just something about Grados that makes us want to collect them all :)

May 29, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #1,040 of 1,091
The GH1 didn't sell out immediately either. There's just something about Grados that makes us want to collect them all :)

I think that affects me too in a sense. I'd love to hear the SR 60e, then the 80e, and the 125e; and them all.

However I only own the 225e. Even though I'd love to hear them all, just out of curiosity, and hear them all lots. ........ I just don't do it though, because I keep a strict only what I need policy.

Maybe the GH2 though, is a good headphone for folk to buy that missed the GH-1. It's probably the same drivers anyway.

May 29, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #1,041 of 1,091
Maybe the GH2 though, is a good headphone for folk to buy that missed the GH-1. It's probably the same drivers anyway.
The GH1 and the GH2 have different sound signatures too me, which is why I sold the GH2. I preferred the GH1 due to it having more of that Grado sound signature. I did the comparisons with stock L cushions on both, but as we all know I do prefer the GH1 w/G cushions.

Aug 16, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #1,044 of 1,091
Hi All,

Managed to find a GH1 in mint condition for half the going retail price in Europe and original G cushions are also included as a bonus :)

These only have 50h on them so a bit more burn in needed.

They're are joining the RS2e and GH2 collection :wink:

Stef

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #1,046 of 1,091
Aug 31, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,047 of 1,091
Hi All,

Managed to find a GH1 in mint condition for half the going retail price in Europe and original G cushions are also included as a bonus :)

These only have 50h on them so a bit more burn in needed.

They're are joining the RS2e and GH2 collection :wink:

Stef

I just picked these up at the office (delivered during our holidays). They are indeed like new and the finish is stunning. Gave them a short listen and very very impressed. Guess what I’ll be doing most of the weekend :) Intend to get used to their sound signature with the L and swap to G after.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #1,049 of 1,091
A549D544-AAD1-4B91-BB10-9ECD295F4192.jpeg
Cued up on my fave track of this album #3, Come and go blues

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #1,050 of 1,091
Hi guys,

I've got the GH-1 and it's got 3.5 mm connector. I want to replace it with 4.4 mm TRRS (balanced) connector (Furutech Rhodium one). Can anyone please tell me if the cable has already balanced configuration so I can start doing it safely ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back