Grado Extension Cord Question
Dec 1, 2005 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xaipemw

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks,

I just got my RS-1's yesterday, and they're burning in as we speak. As I bought this new from Todd, it came with the entension cord. Now, I know that the actual headphone cable is very good quality (ulhcp or something like that), but does anyone know what the quality of the extension cable is? I wouldn't want to degrade my RS-1's spectacular sound with a poorer cable, even if it is a Grado.

Any opinions?
rs1smile.gif

Dec 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 5
The cable is the same as the one on the rs1. It's a great extension. Grado even guarantees it won't degrade the sound.

Dec 2, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #3 of 5
I've tried a few extension cables in the under $100 range, and the only one that didn't alter the sound of the RS-1 at all was the Grado extension cable. Excellent product.
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2005 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 5
I use the extension cable with my RS-1s when I sit at the computer. I really don't notice any degradation in sound between that and using the RS-1s without the extension. They really did a good job with that cable.

Dec 3, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 5
The matter of sound degradation is really always a controversial theme, and I know that some people won't even try an extension that is this price range......

I had the Grado extension in the past, and one custom made, out of Canare and Neutrik, the later one been 10' longer is even more transparent, but hey!!! The Grado is a very good value without going in the insane region of prices though and IMO the starting point if you need an extension as I do...unfortunatelly it was also too short for my use, but if you are handy with the DIY stuff, the Canare is unbeatable in its price range....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back