Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #301 of 771
I raise my glass to you guys, the real team players :beerchug:

Alright, yesterday I compared the stock comfies, the TTVJ Flats, and the L-cush, wich I ended up preferring. Tonight, I tryed the G-cush, and found that the Bushmills had a little less bass presence, and a slightly hotter treble, I also found the voices a little more recessed. Keep in mind though that these differences were very small, wich makes it easy for me to understand why some people prefer the G over the L-cush. I personally will stick with the L-cush.

The Bushmills have exeeded my expectations by a VERY long shot, now, I just have to figure out ''how'' I'm going to use them, I realise that it's a beautiful problem to have, but it's still a problem :wink:

I have this problem also. Half a day in and I have already had complaint at work. Which is where I actually do most of my listening.

I may have to sell if they down pan out. To a home where they will get the head time they deserve.

Maybe... Lol

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #302 of 771
  Hobbits had something to do with it too!

hahahaha....good one! I didn't even think about that which brings up a question...why the heck was Frodo involved in these headphones? I mean he's cool and all but certainly not someone that I would think about when it comes to designing mid-fi or hi-fi audio gear. Maybe he's into the scene...I don't know. Zach Cowie I kinda get. But not Elijah. I was just thinking about that the other day.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #303 of 771
  hahahaha....good one! I didn't even think about that which brings up a question...why the heck was Frodo involved in these headphones? I mean he's cool and all but certainly not someone that I would think about when it comes to designing mid-fi or hi-fi audio gear. Maybe he's into the scene...I don't know. Zach Cowie I kinda get. But not Elijah. I was just thinking about that the other day.

Elijah is a DJ as well has been for several years, They perform under the name Wooden Wisdom... So i guess it makes sense as well.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #304 of 771
  I am loving these with the comfies to be honest.
Mainly because... they are comfy haha.

To quarter mod or not to quarter mod.
Personally I think these could benefit from it as these are far from hot/harsh with a warmer tone.

Thoughts?

Only do the mod after you buy an extra set of comfies. In my experience with grados and countless pad mods, I find the quarter mod to make the sound less coherent due to the addition of a peak somewhere in the mid treble range.

Oh, also try the yellow senn pads with no mods. I liked the yellow pads better than the comfy pads on the sr60s. They sound less congested yet not too bright as long as you dont cut a hole in them.

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #305 of 771
  Only do the mod after you buy an extra set of comfies. In my experience with grados and countless pad mods, I find the quarter mod to make the sound less coherent due to the addition of a peak somewhere in the mid treble range.

Oh, also try the yellow senn pads with no mods. I liked the yellow pads better than the comfy pads on the sr60s. They sound less congested yet not too bright as long as you dont cut a hole in them.

GREAT idea using the yellow Senn pads! The comfies MAY have a different impact on the Bushmills sound, but I don't know as I haven't had the time to investigate the technical story on these.  Though a bunch of peeps here seem to enjoy them, which is a good sign.  
I have this problem also. Half a day in and I have already had complaint at work. Which is where I actually do most of my listening.

I may have to sell if they down pan out. To a home where they will get the head time they deserve.

Maybe... Lol

Well you'd have a buyer here! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #306 of 771
  Elijah is a DJ as well has been for several years, They perform under the name Wooden Wisdom... So i guess it makes sense as well.

Ah, ok. I didn't realize that. I knew Cowie was a DJ. That's cool. Thanks for the info.

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #307 of 771
  GREAT idea using the yellow Senn pads! The comfies MAY have a different impact on the Bushmills sound, but I don't know as I haven't had the time to investigate the technical story on these.  Though a bunch of peeps here seem to enjoy them, which is a good sign.  
Well you'd have a buyer here! 
biggrin.gif

HAHA I will keep you posted.
Round 2 of project Open Back at Work is currently underway.
I really want to keep these... Perhaps I could line my desk with soem Dynamat...I have some here at work from modding other headphones etc
Another $1000 worth of it and I couldnt probably get a nice little soundproof fort happening!

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #308 of 771
Ok,
Enough of me spamming this thread but one last note.

These headphones are the first headphones that I have had since my LCD2 revision 1's that just brings a smile to face.
They aren't the last word in detail or accuracy or soundstage etc.  But my god they just make me feel good.
I just cant help but smile while listening to them.  I dont look for details or technicalities, I just enjoy them.

The best part about these OVER the LCD's though, I dont need a neck brace to wear them :)

Scott

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #309 of 771
HAHA I will keep you posted.

Round 2 of project Open Back at Work is currently underway.
I really want to keep these... Perhaps I could line my desk with soem Dynamat...I have some here at work from modding other headphones etc
Another $1000 worth of it and I couldnt probably get a nice little soundproof fort happening!

Made my day, thank you. I can only imagine how amazing your fort will be. XD

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #310 of 771
  Ok,
Enough of me spamming this thread but one last note.

These headphones are the first headphones that I have had since my LCD2 revision 1's that just brings a smile to face.
They aren't the last word in detail or accuracy or soundstage etc.  But my god they just make me feel good.
I just cant help but smile while listening to them.  I dont look for details or technicalities, I just enjoy them.

The best part about these OVER the LCD's though, I dont need a neck brace to wear them :)

Scott

When ever you are not looking for technicalities and just smiling and enjoying your cans....that is the phones you want.

This is exactly what I look for in headphones.

Good for you....I think you have found some great cans that you will enjoy for along time.

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #312 of 771
You know what these headphones need? Brass gimbals.

Hahah I was actually thinking what they could have used instead the plastic to compliment them better.
The plastic looks really cheap on an otherwise attractive headphone.
I was thinking wood, but you might be on the 'button' with Brass.

('Clutching' at straws with that car pun)

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #314 of 771
Hahah I was actually thinking what they could have used instead the plastic to compliment them better.
The plastic looks really cheap on an otherwise attractive headphone.
I was thinking wood, but you might be on the 'button' with Brass.

('Clutching' at straws with that car pun)

Now to find some. Maybe Martin Custom Audio?

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #315 of 771
Anyone with the Bushmills compare them to the GS1000? I mean A/B them? I'm curious how they stack up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back