Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #166 of 771
  Looks like the gimmick claims another victim.

Oh I ordered mine with in the first 10-15  mins of the site being up. :wink: I wanted a Grado and closed back i am sure will sound amazing from grado :wink:

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #168 of 771

Oh I ordered mine with in the first 10-15  mins of the site being up.
wink.gif
I wanted a Grado and closed back i am sure will sound amazing from grado
wink.gif

Did you buy yours when they were first advertised (i.e. the initial batch?) Thanks.

J

Yes the first time it came up with in 10 mins of seeing the add to cart button, I was debating this or a dt880-600 and went with this as i have owned the dt880 a couple of times and wanted to get a grado again.

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #169 of 771
Yes the first time it came up with in 10 mins of seeing the add to cart button, I was debating this or a dt880-600 and went with this as i have owned the dt880 a couple of times and wanted to get a grado again.

I ordered mine at about the same time, still waiting my shipping advice.
Fingers crossed they send today or I won't have them before everything grinds to a halt over Xmas. If that happens I won't have them until about 6/01

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #172 of 771
  FWIW, I ordered on the Wed the 4th, received ship confirmation on Fri the 6th, and received packaged on Mon the 9th. Unfortunately, I'm still 500 miles away. Can't wait to open that package this evening though!

Same here....it was delivered Tuesday and I'm 100 miles away. Can't wait to finish work and drive back home.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #173 of 771

Oh I ordered mine with in the first 10-15  mins of the site being up. :wink: I wanted a Grado and closed back i am sure will sound amazing from grado :wink:

Oh, they do. Keep in mind though...they ain't no RS1 or HF2 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #176 of 771
just got my shipping notice today. I should have them by tomorrow via FedEx. I don’t expect them to beat the RS1 for soundstage, imaging or clarity but it should be interesting to compare them for tone and timbre.

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #177 of 771
IMHO...they are going to be right up there with the 325/RS2. It's been a long time since I listened to the RS2, but A/Bing them with my 325...the Bushmills are every bit as nice...better actually. Smoother, a little warmer, and bass to spare (for a Grado). They are very nice headphones and I definitely see something similar being added as a regular to the Grado lineup in the future.

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #178 of 771

IMHO...they are going to be right up there with the 325/RS2. It's been a long time since I listened to the RS2, but A/Bing them with my 325...the Bushmills are every bit as nice...better actually. Smoother, a little warmer, and bass to spare (for a Grado). They are very nice headphones and I definitely see something similar being added as a regular to the Grado lineup in the future.

Bass to spare for a grado is music to my ears.  My only (ONLY) gripe with the Grado's I have heard has been their lack of bass.

If these are a little smoother/warmer with a little more bass, this could be a really good re-entry into Grado for me :):)

I also received my shipping notice overnight.  They reckon they will be here by Monday, so fingers crossed.

In saying that, that more than likely means Tuesday here given we are 1 day ahead over here.

I know they dont isolate and they leak like hell, how much less than the regular open backs would you say they leak? 20%?

I dont care really, I didnt buy them as closed cans, thats what my p7's are for, just curious.

:)

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #180 of 771

Users who are viewing this thread

Back