Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone?
Dec 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #91 of 771
  I'm still waiting for a closed Grado to show up.

Like an official one... you know....

Meanwhile, these may sound very good...you know
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #95 of 771
Congratulations, where do they fall into place between other Grado models?

Of the models that I have, HF-2, RS-1 and PS-500 I would say they fall just short of my rs-1s. Not as open, no pun intended. It's definitely the Grado house sound. I am a believer in burn-in so time will tell. These are just a couple of hours out the box and things may change. I like these a lot. Very ez-listening, no fatigue at all.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #96 of 771
Of the models that I have, HF-2, RS-1 and PS-500 I would say they fall just short of my rs-1s. Not as open, no pun intended. It's definitely the Grado house sound. I am a believer in burn-in so time will tell. These are just a couple of hours out the box and things may change. I like these a lot. Very ez-listening, no fatigue at all.

If they sound nice right out of the box, they will be real nice after burn-in, so throw some hours on them and enjoy!!!

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #98 of 771

Very interesting and reassuring. I wonder if they used Alessandro drivers?

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #101 of 771

This is very re-assuring.
Very much looking forward to mine showing up :D
Hopefully have them over here (in Australia MATE) before Christmas.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #102 of 771

Can you do me (well, maybe more of us) a favour and try them with bowls instead of the stock comfies? At least, the pics show them with comfies... any thoughts on how tone and soundstage changes?

I find the comfies to suck away bass on any Grado I put them on.

edit: re-read your first post again. seems you already tried the cups/bowls. any big differences in the bass treble balance?

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #103 of 771
I'll be getting these in two weeks.

Maybe I'll stack them against the Alpha Dogs and LFF Paradox.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #104 of 771
  I'll be getting these in two weeks.

Maybe I'll stack them against the Alpha Dogs and LFF Paradox.

I would be interested in your opinions regarding this, having owned Mad Dogs, Alpha Dogs and LCD's, however wouldn't this be kind of like comparing Steak and Potatoes.
The compliment each other fantastically however are completely different...

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #105 of 771
Haven't had much time to listen too, but my initial thoughts are promising. Tried flats, bowls and stock, hard to stay at this point will give a few more hours of listening. Though I honestly wouldn't say they're almost on par with RS1i's or PS-500's. Hard to tell but I'm leaning more between RS2's and 225's, and of course a Grado sound signature. Oak wood smells very amazing, almost a smokey Oak, though that's probably the logo burned into the wood. 

Here are a few iPhone pics (low quality) just incase anyone is curious. (Oh and you can see from the pics they use the smaller cable sans 1/4 plug, but comes with 1/4 adapter you can see in last picture).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back