Grado Appreciation Thread
Dec 2, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #31 of 43
Grado appreciation wanted? You got it...
I've been away for awhile, this place was too much for my wallet
blink.gif
and I had to get a break.
Aaaanyway, A little over a year ago I got my SR225's. I was originally thinking about getting SR80's or SR125's, since they cost so freakin' much here in Finland. And I thought that I couldn't afford the SR225's.. but Ebay-UK came to help me on the financial side. I got my babies (the 225's) nearly 100€ cheaper and it's been non-stop rocking ever since.
rs1smile.gif

Previously to buying those cans, I had read that headphones benefit from the burn in.. but in my case it was in fact my ears that needed the "treatment". First I didn't appreciate the sound that my Grados were singing, but in time I grew into it and now I just love 'em. (even if I'm thinking about upgrading to either UE10 Pro's or RS-1's) You know what they say: You never ever forget your first true love
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #32 of 43
Me love Grados.

The funny thing is, I backed into Grados through Alessandros first, who knew?

But now, my Darth Grados aren't going anywhere! YEAH!

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #33 of 43
One day my colleague brought a pair of SR-60's which he bought the day before. I read some reviews of them, but I just thought that they were 'just another headphones'. I put them on and screamed instantly, "THAT was coming out from headphones?!". That was a damn big difference from my stock earbuds (yeah, don't laugh).

When I got home, I couldn't resist and ordered myself the SR-80's. I loved it. They were better than the SR-60's. It made me want to listen to music more and more. Then I found head-fi, and with it I got the upgraditis.

So, a year after I enjoyed my SR-80's I sold them. Through the FS forum here I found someone who wanted to sell his SR-325's. A week later I received the package. The difference was huuuuge. More detail, more soundstage and more balanced. This is more than I had ever hoped for, and I never planned to buy headphones for home use ever again. Does this mean that I'm cured?

No. Now I need a headphone amp.

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #34 of 43
With comfy pads and a few mods I love em.
I trade off between my 325s and HD650s.

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesselussier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is it only 4 pages long?

It seems that the appreciation has been been split up by model.
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #38 of 43
Started with SR-80, wanted 325i's but seemed like too much money. Two months later the 80's were sold and I was wearing 325i's. I still have them along with HF-1, RS-1 and MS-1's. Love the sound.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #39 of 43
Purchased every "true" Grado headphone from the SR60 (my first) to the SR325 (pre-i). I have sold the 325, and gave an SR125 to my brother as a Christmas present. I still have the SR60, SR80 and SR225 - each are great for different uses and equipment. I plan to move on up to the RS-1 in the near future.

Dec 5, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #41 of 43
om nom nom... sr80 to sr325i here

maybe some rs1's in the future... perhaps?

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #42 of 43
I should post in the SR-325i thread but just saw this. Anyways, I have been enjoying my 325is for 4 months now since I got them brand new. I really love how easy they are to drive and they sound fantastic out of DAPs and portable amps/DACs.

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #43 of 43
I am probably not the best person to post in this thread as only a previous ATH-ESW9 owner which have just broken on me, cheep Japanese plastic..... but I have just got hold of my ps500s and am absolutely blown away. All I can say is I have been poping them on my GF's head every two minutes whith a moronic grin on my face "just listen to this" and to that, she is bored the sh!t out of me, I just cannot help myself, these have made me feel the most childlike for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back