Grado and Amy Winehouse...
Feb 6, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #16 of 66
I just got my RS-1s today, and the seller (another head-fier) recommended me the self titled album by Rodrigo y Gabriela because he said that it the rs-1s made it sound more alive than anything he's heard in a way that can't be replicated by other phones. I listened to 30 seconds of it on itunes and went to the store and bought it immediately. It sounds absolutely wonderful.

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #17 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my RS-1s today, and the seller (another head-fier) recommended me the self titled album by Rodrigo y Gabriela because he said that it the rs-1s made it sound more alive than anything he's heard in a way that can't be replicated by other phones. I listened to 30 seconds of it on itunes and went to the store and bought it immediately. It sounds absolutely wonderful.

Congratulations, have you managed to take them off your head yet? As soon as I got home, I have been listening to them, and they havent been removed yet!

I think I am going to have to go through my collection of music on my server and throw out everything encoded at anything less than 192 VBR, as these really are ruthless!

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #19 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fantastic album, sounds great on my 325is. That album SINGS on tubes. Love it.

I like the Japan live version as well.

If you like them, you might want to give Jake Shimabukuro a try. My Guitar Gently Weeps is amazing.

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amy winehouse is crap. your headphones don't like them.

Indeed!

Feb 6, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #21 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if there's something wrong with my Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, but it seems to me like Coheed and Cambria have the same issue. It just sounds bad. And I'm only using Portapros...

(Bitrate is 320kbps)

did you rip it personally or is it "shared"? A lot of music distributed via the latter is ripped/encoded very poorly.

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #22 of 66
Bose + Amy Winehouse = Eagasm

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #23 of 66
Put on some real music, then enjoy!
smile.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #24 of 66
I'll take poorly recorded Amy Winehouse over fantastically recorded Diana Krall any day of the week!

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #27 of 66
I have lots of Dee Dee Bridgewater, Diana Krall, Holly Cole, Jane Monheit Karrin Allyson, Cassandra Wilson, etc..
I HAD Amy Winehouse album.....and gave it away! I didn't hear a single track that was worth keeping.....IMO. No, no,no.
Perhaps it resonated with those who are v-e-r-r-y familiar with rehab. might care.......or those who lack the most elemental level of sophistication........and those who actively participate in the dumbing-down of America.
But, I DO enjoy my RS-1 (flats), and Joe's HP-2.

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #28 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll take poorly recorded Amy Winehouse over fantastically recorded Diana Krall any day of the week!

x2

I checked out some of Rodrigo y Gabriela's stuff; well, I probably shouldn't compare them, but Paco or Al (di Meola) keep on coming to my mind. Paco shreds, these two, well - don't.

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #29 of 66
In spite of all this hatred, I'd like to profess my love for "Love is a Losing Game" both the final album version as well as the demo version.

I think it's a transcendent piece of music.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #30 of 66
"Me and Mr. Jones" and Tears Dry on Their Own" are both brilliant songs on the Winehouse album. I guess we can look forward to a slew of unreleased demos and live tracks when she's dead in a couple of years. You know somebody is holding onto that stuff in a heavily fortified warehouse somewhere in England. Let's hope they have the good sense not to compress the hell out of it when they master it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back