Grado and Alessandro
Feb 12, 2007 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TestSpecimen

100+ Head-Fier
Can someone explain the difference between these two sets of headphones. It seems like they are both Grado phones, but i can't work out what the difference is between the Grado and Alessandro phones. Any explanation will be appreciated.

Cheers

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 7
Alessandros are Grados that are tuned to Mr. Alessandros specs. Read Grado interview thread. Alessandro makes guitar amplifiers and such, and when he heard Grados headphones, he suggested some changes and became partners with John Grado. Soundwise they are more neutral type than more colored and excited normal Grados.

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 7
I asked Alessandro about this. He replied that his Music Series sounds a little more neutral and open than the Grado counterparts. How big is the difference? He said some people hear a big difference and some hear little or no difference. He said the Music Series is designed for music-industry professionals like sound engineers and so must avoid the colorations of the Grado, which is designed for the hi-fi crowd.

I imagine the magnitude of the difference one notices depends on source and amplifier, how well trained are one's ears, and how badly one wants to hear a difference. From what I've read on this forum, everyone who's owned the MS-Pro has really loved it.

In the Grado interview, Grado says the Alessandro cans use different drivers, so there are real differences, not just different branding.

Feb 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 7
..or use the search tool and find out for yours
wink.gif
lf, this has been discussed numerous times.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by onocentaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is actually something I've been vaguely wondering about... How do the MS-Pros compare to the RS-1s?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44488

icon10.gif

Quote:

I asked Alessandro about this. He replied that his Music Series sounds a little more neutral and open than the Grado counterparts. How big is the difference? He said some people hear a big difference and some hear little or no difference. He said the Music Series is designed for music-industry professionals like sound engineers and so must avoid the colorations of the Grado, which is designed for the hi-fi crowd.

Heard someone saying that MS2 is kinda baby HP1000. Very similar, but MS2 has bit less of everything.

Feb 12, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back