Grado 60, 80, or 225....Price not being an issue, which has best sound?
Nov 21, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Maybe he doesn't like the Rs-1's colouration and thus prefers the relatively linear presentation (of the current grado lineup) of the 225's?

Could be. I think im getting more pissed at him/her for making that statement without any information to back it up. No comparisons, no analizations, no proof= no respect from me!

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by lal316l
Aye, check the John Grado Interview thread with Zanth. It's a stickie
wink.gif

Ah, right you are. I read it before part 2 was added.

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #35 of 39
The SR225's are awesome cans! Ive never had a headphone in my possesion for longer! But compared to the RS-1, theres no passing of the torch. They just do so many things better; Midrange, bass, highs, everything seems to be more in focus... The only thing the SR225 might edge away on, is with bowls and its missing of the slight midrage reverb evident with the rs-1 in some situations. This is easily cured with flats, and the RS-1's sound beautiful with flats, but comparitivly speaking, i can see why some may not LOVE the RS-1.

Nov 21, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon
The SR225's are awesome cans! Ive never had a headphone in my possesion for longer! But compared to the RS-1, theres no passing of the torch. They just do so many things better; Midrange, bass, highs, everything seems to be more in focus... The only thing the SR225 might edge away on, is with bowls and its missing of the slight midrage reverb evident with the rs-1 in some situations. This is easily cured with flats, and the RS-1's sound beautiful with flats, but comparitivly speaking, i can see why some may not LOVE the RS-1.

But you'd say for the price difference, the SR225's are a great deal, right?

Nov 21, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #37 of 39
The SR225's are a definite sweetspot in the Grado lineup. I would buy them if i didnt have the money for RS-1's. I would also not purchase/keep anything between the SR225 and RS-1 (but thats just personal experience and preference).

Nov 21, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #38 of 39
got my 225's today, only had them for a few minutes but i can definatly tell the difference in detail and the better overall presentation over my hp890's

The biggest surpirse to me is that i've been expecting them to be very bright, that was the only thing i was worried about yet they seem fine. My brother even said they could do with being a bit brighter
eek.gif

The only bad thing so far is that they sound harsh on some recordings but hopefully that ease with the burn-in (i know burn can be a touchy subject with certain people but i've heard these change a decent amount over a period of time, how long does the main change take?)

Nov 21, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #39 of 39
it should take 40-60 hours of constant play at regular listening levels to iron out. the bass should tighten up and some of the grainiess will get smoothed out. you'll like it even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back