GR07 Replacement
Apr 19, 2012 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

hellothar2

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm a new member here but I've been lurking for quite some time.

I have a pair of Vsonic GR07, but despite 150+ hours of burn in, they still sound harsh and sibilant to my ears. However, I love their bass and sound signature. Can anyone recommend me a pair of IEMs to replace the GR07 which is non-sibilant or harsh and has decent bass texture and impact that costs around $100? I listen to mostly metal with bands like Opeth, Megadeth and Iron Maiden.

EDIT: After some suggestions from fellow members, I've decided to hang on to the GR07 for the time being and try on various tips to see if the sound improves, but if someone has a good recommendation for a replacement IEM, do post your thoughts
redface.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 22
Have you tried Sony Hybrids with the GR07?They tame highs very well.My Thermaltake Isurus were very sibilant till i changed the  bi-flanges for sony hybrids, now they produce a very balanced sound. Sorry i've never tried the GR07, so i dont really know how they sound like so i dont know what to recommend. Im sure some other Headfiers can come and help. Good Luck and Cheers!

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 22
Apr 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #9 of 22
Apr 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #14 of 22

Quote:
You don't seem to like them, but anyway, I found them good for metal and rock.

He asked for something that is on a similar level to the GR07. The (original) Turbines are not even close enough to breathe in the smell of burnt tires that the GR07 leaves in its wake. You should be ashamed for suggesting them. 
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 22

Quote:

He asked for something that is on a similar level to the GR07. The (original) Turbines are not even close enough to breathe in the smell of burnt tires that the GR07 leaves in its wake. You should be ashamed for suggesting them. 
tongue.gif

But seriously, I know you're a hater of the turbines, but there are many others that enjoy them. The GR-07 is a totally different signature from the colored and
natural turbines. The GR-07 is undoubtedly more neutral and accurate, but not quite as natural as the fun turbines. So you shouldn't disregard IEMs that you don't like, because many others could like it as well. I found the turbines a lot more fun as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back