GoVibe V6 announced!
Feb 17, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #125 of 208
SKYLAB and MRARROYO, i do believe the go-show V6 is beckoning. its about time for u two sifu's to do the right thing, get one and update us all on its capabilities. mite be the portable bargoon of the month
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:30 AM Post #127 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the main differences other then the built in charging capabilities of the V6 as opposed to the V4 AD8397? I have a Govibe 4 (AD8397) and wonder if there is any significant reason to upgrade.

My V4

The new V6

3 channels instead of 2, active isolated virtual ground as opposed to TLE2426 virtual ground. This gives it a different sound signature mostly, not necessarily a clear upgrade.

However let me say that the v6's inside looks neat. I'm just a little bit worried for that electrolytic cap that also serves to hold the battery in its place..

Feb 17, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #129 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by supermite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However let me say that the v6's inside looks neat. I'm just a little bit worried for that electrolytic cap that also serves to hold the battery in its place..

Yea that concerned me as well when I got my Go-Vibe 4. I just stick some blue tack under the battery to keep it from rattling around and possibly knocking against the caps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermite
3 channels instead of 2, active isolated virtual ground as opposed to TLE2426 virtual ground. This gives it a different sound signature mostly, not necessarily a clear upgrade.

Thanks for the info

Feb 17, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #130 of 208
Does this mean that they're shipping already? I ordered mine last week when shipping wasn't until the end of February.

Feb 17, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #131 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottiebabie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SKYLAB and MRARROYO, i do believe the go-show V6 is beckoning. its about time for u two sifu's to do the right thing, get one and update us all on its capabilities. mite be the portable bargoon of the month
evil_smiley.gif

Yes it is calling me, I should be ready to order in about 3 weeks when I get some "bread". Currently I am testing the Xenos X1HA-EPC so I am a bit busy. Also waiting for the Headphonia with the AD8397 to compare with same with the original OP-Amp.

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #132 of 208
Damn, I got my gv5 only 6 months ago when it first came out and theres already a gv6. Now I'm going to have to go away another 6 months to keep my wallet safe
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #135 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by XENOPHOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, when someone gets theirs could they see how well it drives the dt770 pro? o_O

I'e got a pair of 770/250 I plan on using it with, I'll let everyone know how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back