Got the KSC75 today...I'm impressed!
Mar 27, 2007 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kontai69

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got my Koss KSC75 in the mail today. I'm very impressed! The hype is real.
icon10.gif
IMO, very Grado-like sound...slightly forward midrange, bright clear treble, tight articulate bass. I think I'm going to leave it unmodded since the sound is just right for me.

I'm using it in my office system (vintage Panasonic PCDP > HeadRoom Total AirHead). I've been listening to my Sharp MD33S for a while. The Koss suits my needs better. It is easier to put on and take off. It doesn't isolate nearly as much, a requirement for me because my coworkers (including my boss) ask me questions fairly often while I'm listening to music at my desk...that practically rules out any IEMs for me. The Koss doesn't leak out very much sound either, even when playing at relatively loud volumes.

I'm going to use it for a while before I take it home and try it in my home system (Ack! dAck! > GS-1 with DACT). I'll need to buy a 1/4" adapter. I'll may even do a MS-Pro vs KSC75 comparison someday.
biggrin.gif
I can say right now that the MS-Pro certainly doesn't sound 40x better.

The KSC75 cost me a measly $16.50 brand new (including shipping) from eBay. At that price, there really is no excuse for anyone not to get one to try.
biggrin.gif
I spent over 10X that much just on one of my cables.

Mar 27, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 14
Sweet, nice job finally getting them!

*omg, another KSC75 thread w/ a happy buyer...*
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 14
That's good to hear. I just sold my e2c and gave v-moda vibes to my girlfriend. Just finish modding grado sr60 and looking a new earphone for portable use. I'll try to get one this week.

Mar 27, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #7 of 14
indeed! I've got mine a while ago as well, completely due to the ravings in this forum, and despite the obviously well deserved hype, the actual quality of sound still brought surprise! // although they lose some magic if not directly pressed against ears.. is there a mod against it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How closed are they? Are they loud enough on the outside to distract someone sitting say, 2m away from you?

Cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

In a quiet environment, yes.

In a loud environment, I find them impossible to listen to safely.

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #11 of 14
im also very impressed with how mine sounds, unmodded
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #12 of 14
Got mine today as well. My jaw literally dropped when I heard them. I used to be an IEM only kid. Got the ER6s; EP630s when the Etys died. Then I tried these out and realized how much headphones (even clip-ons) sound SOOOOo much better.

Has soundstage! Didn't even experience that until I got the 75s. Very bright, full sound.
Though comparing them with IEMs isn't really accurate, I must say that they sound NOTICEABLY better than the ER6s which cost 7X as much.

If price is a factor and isolation isn't a necessity, forget the IEMS and get the 75s. They sound so much better than my ER6s. I feel embarrassed of being partial to IEMs in the past. Cans sound soo much better.

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:41 AM Post #13 of 14
I, for one, can't stand cans anymore. Been headphoneless for few years (having rather good speakers though) and nowadays my AKG K81DJ and wife's SENNHEISER HD-25 both sound awful to me (well, I can adapt my listening pleasures to them if necessary but that's it) -- the KSC75 seems to be only cans around I am friendly with. I dig IEM's pretty much though, even the crappy ones like those coming with Sony Ericsson phones
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back