GOT THE ATH-A1000
Dec 2, 2002 at 4:22 AM Post #106 of 137
Hi everyone
biggrin.gif

Thanks again for all your effort Lou - I really do appreciate your desire to let us know about these headphones and can't wait to get mine
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Here is a link to some pictures of the inside of the W2002 in case anyones interested??? (sorry , but writing is in japanese)

http://technica.taff.co.jp/open/headphone/hindex.html

The pictures are in the third rectangular box/story line...
Thank's again everyone and I'll keep reading
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:39 AM Post #108 of 137
there's no angled driver with the w1000. (at least that's what the schematic in the previous link shows).

if any one gets their a1000's in the next few days, could they please post pictures of the headpiece, the actual driver, the pads (both on and off), etc.?

and if you're crazy enough to open them up, a picture of the dads chamber
cool.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #109 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
HI: I got a e-mail from Audiocubes but got no permission to post the e-mail. So all I will say is that all three headphones the W2002,W1000,A1000 D.A.D.S. are the same. Audiocubes has updated its web site and removed the improved D.A.D.S. that was listed. Its was an honest mistake. What is improved is the new angled drivers. And that is a big improvement in my opinion. Also the bigger ear cups are a huge improvement also.

the Sony CD3000s have bigger earcups, and drivers that are at a greater angle too..hmm..who will do the first comparison of the A1000s vs CD3000s..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:57 AM Post #112 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
SE, i'm glad someone saw the humour i was having at DarkWolf's expense
wink.gif
it was supposed to be an antithesis of his beloved senns. sorry, DarkWolf
very_evil_smiley.gif

Did I miss something? Now you've gone and confused me..

Oh and andrzejpw, I was waiting for someone to pick up on that, no, she doesn't drive sideways, but you should see her pass an SUV on the back roads!
very_evil_smiley.gif
(I think we blew by three cars once on a road trip..)

Uh anyway, that's enough thread crapping for me, I'll go back to twitching a little and waiting for things to happen in the headphone world. I guess I should start this book I bought...

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #114 of 137
I've rarely seen so much misinformation posted in so short a time.

The W2002 was never officially marketed in the US. Most Western purchasers imported them directly from Asia and paid full list for the privilige, just as you 1000-series purchasers are doing today. (Total was approximately $700 plus $50 shipping and nearly the same in import fees.)

The W2002 and the CD3K listed for approximately the same price in Asia and had very similar street prices--about $350.

The W2002 has angled drivers. So does the CD3000.

The cost from Audio Technica for the W2002 lambskin earpads is about $45 as I recall.

The CD3K's $695 list price may be inflated, but have you seen the site offering new W2002s for $1500? http://www.tangal.com/html/index.html

How about the RS-1? And then there's always the K-1000. But then, who would even consider paying full list for headphones? Ooops.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Sorry, LTUCCI. I'll butt out now.

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:16 AM Post #116 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
I agree, the W1000 is from an audio perspective at about the same price point as the W2002 sans leather ear pads. I wonder what the difference is between the wood and non-wood sound, the A and the W1000?

Well, the W1000 cans come with leather pads on them!! THe replacement part listed on Audio Cubes' web site lists the A1000 pads as something different and lists the W2002 pads as replacements. It also lists only the W2002 pads as replacements for the W1000.

As a guess, the differences can be attributed to the wood vs titanium, which would amount to:

Aggressive vs more laid back.
Better mids vs better highs.
And possibly more, but it's getting late!!

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #117 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
SE, i'm glad someone saw the humour i was having at DarkWolf's expense
wink.gif
it was supposed to be an antithesis of his beloved senns. sorry, DarkWolf
very_evil_smiley.gif

WalliJohn,

I got quite a laugh out of the post, but when I saw that people started to actually take you serious I wanted to pipe in and let them know you were trying to be funny!! Well done! Well done!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #118 of 137
Mehhh. I see now that's more of a joke than real info. I guess this is what I get for posting when I'm sleepy.
BTW, wallijonn, check yer e-mail.
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #119 of 137
W1000 and W2002 are pretty look the same, but I check that the cable, inferior cable, design and wood are different for both headphones. (thanks for www.teletranslator.com, it helps whoever don't know Japanese.
biggrin.gif
) Please check the headphone cable:

eimg4.jpg

w1000.jpg

As we can see, W2002 have headphone cables on both ears, but W1000 only have one. So far, Audio-Technica only make W2002 in two cables design. All other headphone w100, w1000, a1000 ...etc, just use one cable design. Does two cables design improve the sound? I am not sure, but there must be some reason to Audio-Technica make W2002 in this unique design.

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:45 AM Post #120 of 137
Hi Lou,
Thanks again ....
biggrin.gif

Well , that site offering the W2002 for 1500 bucks has to pay for all that "exquisite" writing space that they used to describe these cans somehow!!!
eek.gif

Oh BTW, Lou, this will be a major jump for me and I'm 40 years old today
eek.gif
eek.gif
The best cans I've ever heard in my life were the hd600. I was in a hi-fi shop and they gave me the privilage to listen to 1/2 a song on a radio station that wasn't tuning in right - Then it was over and she took them back to there "lock down vault". So Good hi-fi cans --- I guess this is going to be a first for me- so ya , I'm kinda excited
biggrin.gif

Ya, I figured at my age I don't want to screw around too much or I'll end up missing the boat LOL. Definately looking forward to a level of sound I've never experienced before.
biggrin.gif

Rich
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back