GOT THE ATH-A1000
Dec 1, 2002 at 2:50 AM Post #33 of 137
Thanks for keeping us informed Lou
I did order - done deal - but was wondering how these compare to the ety's er4p sound quality cause I'm looking at those for portable use??? Thanks again and I'll keep reading on
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich

Dec 1, 2002 at 3:03 AM Post #35 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by Mallow005
Based on the comparison between the A1000 and the A100ti, I'm hoping that the W1000 will be like an uber W100 or something. That would make me happy.

Personally, I'm hoping it's more of a mass production version of the W2002. For me, the W100 was just too inconsistent.

Dec 1, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #41 of 137
I'd like to know too. Arg. You are wearing me down... I think my poor bank acount is going to take a few cannon shots this christmas... Let's see.... $280 plus $345 for HA-1 is $625. Gulp. That's a big bill for me, but I want exellent sound so bad...

Dec 1, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #43 of 137
Quote:

This is new technology and it is beyond me somewhat for now. I know that the AT 2002 has the D.A.D.S. but that was a while back and I think that the D.A.D.S. of today are up to date

I would be very very surprised if the W1000/A1000's implementation of DADS is in any way different from the w2002.

The question about what the differences are between the W2002 and the W1000 are certainly an open question. No shiny hand lacquered wood, a differnt kind of wood (which I do actually believe can in fact have a subtle impact on sound, depending on density and resonance properties), probably no fancy box, apparently an inferior cable, but what else? What's in the guts of the W2002 and W1000 that are different? If only there was some way to find out.

Mark

Dec 1, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #44 of 137
Thanks Lou.. no, I gota get some stuff for some people. They all know I have a job now.
wink.gif
Besides, I was hopping to get my grandma a turbo timmer for christmas, for her WRX... She never runs it quite long enough when she turns it off.. The cheapest one I found was $100. Anyway, I guess what I should ask is this; how would the A1000 with no money costing mods or upgrades to them selves stand up to HD 590s with an equinox or some other equal or better cable? That would be about the same and if I got 590s I'd do that sooner or later. If need be, I can get A1000s and wait longer on the amp. Do you guys think this is what I should do? Sounds like it would be hard for me to go wrong, but I don't need to be bothered wondering what could have been, you all know what I mean.

Oh and BTW, I'm really glad you like them so much Lou, you really put it on the line selling your beloved A100s before hearing the new ones. You must have a great deal of trust and respect for AT by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back