Got new earphones today but dislike the tips...
Dec 25, 2008 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Apple254

100+ Head-Fier
Today I received a pair of Denon C751's, they have come with soft silicone tips but I don't really like how they feel in my ear. Would a pair of Comply foams be any better or maybe someone has another suggestion. Thanks in advance
regular_smile .gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 14
Oh hell yes! The default Denon tips are a joke.
Comply tips and Denon 751's are a very good combonation.
I do recommend burning in the C751's for about 20-25 hours to get rid of the harsh treble that's initially there straight-out-of-the-box.
Full burn-in is about 40 hours tbh.

A few overnight burn-ins will do the trick fine.

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 14
No question on the Complys, the T-400s are the ones to get. They also aid in toning down the midrange peak inherent in this earphone.

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 14
Just thought I would give a quick update. After having used these headphones for over a day now I can officially say I am EXTREMELY happy with them. I've tried to vary the genre's of music I have been listening to as much as possible.

They have performed well with every genre I have listened to. These were: classical, folk, rock, indie, electronic, hip-hop, R&B etc etc etc. Literally every major genre there is and they have been fantastic throughout.

I'm still not completely happy with how comfortable they are however and may still get some new tips.
beyersmile.png

Dec 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 14
The Denon earphones are actually very good. I didn't like the sound signature though, so I got rid of them. It wasn't a case of badness so much a case of "not my cup of tea."

I do agree that you must get new tips. The UE universal silicones work well for this application, as do "DIY foams."

I wouldn't recommend Comply tips unless you're made out of money. Three pair will run you over $20 with shipping, and each pair will last a month at most and that's only if you have the least waxy ears known to man. I bought three pair when I got my HF5s to try out just for kicks, and they basically became too disgusting for me to want to put them in my ear within a week and a half. (Note that I clean my Shure olives every few days).

They're not too happy about being washed, either, which I discovered to my own misfortune.

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #13 of 14
There is an excellent custom IEM tip thread out there, I wont find it now, but I know its out there. I never would have known that custom tips made from foam earplugs (walgreens, rite aid) would be good, guess I was wrong... turns out the expanding foam pushes against your ear canal provding you with a custom fit -> excellent. look it up and try it out.

Dec 28, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #14 of 14
:O did the whole custom foam tips thing today. It is amaaaaazing. The isolation is fantastic. They are faaaaar more comfortable and the presence of the bass is significantly more noticeable than it was with the standard silicone tips. Thanks for the advice everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back