Got my triple.fi's today... (#117/1000)
Jan 10, 2007 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

GaryAR

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered them on a whim just last week, I expected to wait a month or more to get them but I was pretty surprised to find amazon shipped them two days after I placed the order. They took a week to get here with amazon's "free" shipping, but I finally was able to pick them up at the post office today. And here's the requisite glamour shot:

IEMSwithCases.jpg

That was taken with my other new toy, a Nikon D40 dSLR, as where these files (which are too big to put in the thread):

iMod iPod -> Xin supermicro iv -> triple.fi's
closeup of one iem
closeup of small case

After listening for an hour, I'm pretty happy with the way they sound. Compared to my super.fi 3's the bass goes deeper and is much tighter and better defined, obviously there's much more extension in the highs so they're more detailed with a lot more "air" around the instruments. And they definitely seem to take down the background noise quite a bit more than the 3's, which is a big plus for me. Also, the roadie case is super... I'm planning on getting some foam so I can cut two sets of inserts, one for the phones and my DS Lite and the other for my audio system.

More to follow as I get some more time with the triple.fi's.

Gary

Jan 11, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 12
congrats and post your impression of them in a few days.

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 12
I was pretty surprised that Amazon still had some of the limited edition versions left, and much more surprised that my number was so low. It'll be interesting to see if Amazon keeps selling something that will appeal to a tiny fraction of their customers, as probably 95% of people never buy anything better than the stock iPod earbuds.

Gary

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
117 out of 1000 and you ordered last week? Hasn't the "limited edition" offer been around for a while? How did you get a number so low, unless UE isn't selling very well.

I bet they don't sell them in order.

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya, I got #187 from EarphoneSolutions 3 weeks ago, definitely not in order.

Jan 11, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But that's not what you'll say if you ever sell them.
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of interest, how much did they cost?

They were full-price, $399 with the roadie case and free shipping.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back