Got My Tara Labs Interconnects Today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2001 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 28
Jude, I screwed up when I was plugging them into my Denon 1700. So the Zotl is fine. Do you want a receiver, cheap? Just kidding.
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2001 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 28
Jude, Vert, you guys haven't really got into the whole cable thing haven't you? And vert, not having seen a proper interconnector that comes in 2?!!! That's shocking!

I actually ignore those interconnectors that comes with the CD or amp, they merely use to test equipment if it works or not. They either get store away or given to friends.

Who are Tara Labs ? are they a US brand? I personally use Van Del Hul "The First" which uses carbon to conduct the signal and has no metal, it has a very warm and smooth sound that no other cable has. But it comes at a price at around $320/m. And it can also be use as a Co-axial cable, as it is 75ohm but that would a waste.

Jun 21, 2001 at 10:13 PM Post #18 of 28
Hmm... interconnects that are single eh? Time to split my radioshack gold down the middle into two
smily_headphones1.gif
(seriously, I'm doing it right now)

Jun 21, 2001 at 10:37 PM Post #19 of 28
Well raymondlin there's going to be some nice interconnects (I don't even know what exactly yet) and power cord being included with a very big toy I just bought. So I will find out what all this mess about interconnects are all about soon. And have fun with my new toy of course.
biggrin.gif

"Happy boys and happy girls we'll be...we are the happy boys and girls...happy boys and happy girls we'll be...so happy yeah, so so happy yeah!"
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2001 at 11:18 PM Post #21 of 28
That's actually already sitting on top of my drawer piping music to my Home Neruda.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2001 at 11:39 PM Post #22 of 28
Um, so yeah Vertigo... where are all of the reviews and comparisons??? Using a sound card as a transport vs cdp, some cable stuff, your Home, and your HD600s..?

Jun 22, 2001 at 2:08 AM Post #23 of 28
Yeah, let's hear how a cd drive does against a real cd player as a transport!

Jun 22, 2001 at 4:47 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Yeah, let's hear how a cd drive does against a real cd player as a transport!

Honestly, the CD Drive does MUCH better then you think. Perhaps even better...and I'm just outputting from a SBlive to boot. No doubting the Denon is a good CDP and all, but pound for pound CD Reader + Cal Gamma is quite a match against it. I'm happy with the Denon and pretty much won't budge from it thanks to all the source critics out there...but now that I have it, I wonder if I even needed it in the first place.

No comparisons or anything for a while, since I have a right ear infection. After it passes, I'll toss up some notes on what headphones I have, maybe a comparison before they all get sold.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2001 at 5:05 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
No comparisons or anything for a while, since I have a right ear infection.

Doh! Sorry to read about that ear, Vert. I had a left ear infection just a little while ago. Didn't ian or someone else have one just before that too?

Hope you saw a doctor, bud.

Jun 22, 2001 at 5:08 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
Jude, I screwed up when I was plugging them into my Denon 1700. So the Zotl is fine. Do you want a receiver, cheap? Just kidding.
biggrin.gif

LOL! Actually, I shouldn't tease so much -- I had never used locking RCA's until these Taras arrived. I had to lock out one collar one way, and then the other the other way and see which was harder to insert. Duh.

Anyway, I'm still haven't come to a determination on the Taras, but hope to by the end of this weekend.

I'm going to start a thread about locking RCA plugs and what folks think about them.

Jun 23, 2001 at 9:39 AM Post #28 of 28
Okay, no doubt about it now, these are warmer-sounding cables than the Corals. Odd thing though is that they at times still seem to convey even more detail.

Though the upper treble seems softer than on my other cables, there's no sense of anything missing when I'm listening. Very smooth-sounding cables. And very well-balanced overall. Despite the warmth, there is absolutely no lack of "quickness" -- in fact, just the opposite. Transients are conveyed at least as well as with my other cables. And, as I said in the previous post (and will likely say again in the full review), their overall sound is full-bodied, yet with no sense of over- or under-emphasis on any segment of the frequency spectrum that I can hear.

So far, these are standout interconnects to my ears. They're not exactly a new design either (I think this model has been around for at least a couple/few years), which makes their performance all the more impressive to me.

Again, these are still preliminary opinions. Maybe Sunday night I'll swap the Corals back in again, which would be interesting after a weekend of the Taras.

If I was forced to make a decision between the Taras and the Audioquest Corals right now, it'd be a very tough decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back