Got my SR009
May 24, 2011 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

hentai

1000+ Head-Fier
My impression can be desribed by one word..... Wow!!

Compared to the sr007a, the sr009 definately sound clearer and more spacious. Female vocal performance is sublime on these cans.The only redeeming quality that sr007 has is its comparatively more laidback and warm sound. However they are not too different in sound characteristic to  justify owning both of them.  SR009 is good enough to replace SR007 totally as your main cans imo.

As reference i list my equipments

Cambridge audio 650c modified
Stax 727A modified with external psu
Cables: Van Den Hul The Orchid

Jun 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 37
Hello,

I have a Stax SR-009 with Amp SRM-007t2.

It is possible to add to my amp a external PSU like your 727A ?

Thank you for your help.

Nuno Sousa

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #7 of 37
I actually sent away for one of these today and I should get it in a week. Unfortunately I haven't got my BHSE to go with it yet and I don't know what's even happening with that because I haven't gotten a reply to me e-mail (that was a while ago now). I'll give it a little time
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 37

Got the SR-009 no driver problems etc.there is excellent synergy between SR-009 and SRM-600 ltd i like it a lot .I am looking forward to EC Electra ,Craig told me "production amps late Spring,

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #11 of 37
Mine have arrived as well
eek.gif
!!! But then again because I've got no amplifier for them I'm about as excited as a blind man with a telescope
tongue.gif
. Oh yeah and there's only one problem so far... I got this cable with it (SRE-925S, 2.5m) and I thought it was a better cable, a replacement cable or something but it seems as if it's just an extension cable
eek.gif
. Oh well I will e-mail STAX or whoever and see if I can send them back. But then again...... I might need them after all
biggrin.gif
PS: In this site there are headphones, amps and whatever and then who owns it on the site (a list of people) but how do you put yourself on that list if you own it as well
confused.gif
???

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #12 of 37
Is there any reason at all to buy SR009s directly from Stax vs. buying from Price Japan at ~$1000 less? (Like warranty or quality issues or dealing with them if there are problems or defects?)
Thanks.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #14 of 37
Curious about rgs9200m's question as well. How is warranty handled if you purchase from pricejapan? Also, why does it take 2-3 weeks to ship? The product doesn't seem to be backordered. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #15 of 37
One head-fier was unlucky enough to have to ship his pair back to price japan 2, if not 3 times If I recollect, so it got expensive in the end. I believe the issues mostly occured during the first builds but still, I'd feel more comfortable going through a local distributor as long as the markup is reasonable and they provide sufficient service.
As for the slow output, I believe these are mostly built to order and they probably work batches at a time so you may or may not have to wait so long depending on when you order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back