Got my SHA-GOLD back from Melos Audio Restoration....
Jun 27, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
...but don't you have a nice horde of 6922's, or am i thinking of someone else? And doesn't the Ear use some weird non-standard tube that you can't really roll? Think of all the fun you'll be missing out on...

What? You think I should be using my Amperex PQ's on a better Melos, instead of my X-Can?
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 27, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 19
"Maybe this is true for the SHA-1, but not for the SHA-GOLD with the Reference mod and a good NOS Amperex tubes."

This is certainly encouraging. I'm the current owner of the SHA-1 Nick owned, and vocals sound almost sterile compared to the Head with a good center tube.

Has anyone else heard both?

Does anyone know where an upgraded SHA-1 would fit into the SHA-1/Gold/Maestro quality spectrum?

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #18 of 19
C'mon you guys. I have my Melos for less than a week & I've just begun to really enjoy it - with the JJs. Now you psychopaths are hitting me with the wondrous improvements wrought by Amperexes & Telefunkens. Do I really have to start looking under the sofa cushions for loose change? Can't y'all just let a guy enjoy & 'preciate what he has?

Awright who's got a pair of the NOS thingees for sale.......CHEEEEEEEEEEEP!?

Jun 27, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by WIJGALT
C'mon you guys. I have my Melos for less than a week & I've just begun to really enjoy it - with the JJs. Now you psychopaths are hitting me with the wondrous improvements wrought by Amperexes & Telefunkens. Do I really have to start looking under the sofa cushions for loose change? Can't y'all just let a guy enjoy & 'preciate what he has?
sale.......CHEEEEEEEEEEEP!?

I never said anything about Telefunkens...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back