Got my refurb IE6's today - Shipped for $55
Aug 27, 2010 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

dynasonic

Head-Fier
So I took a chance and purchased "Factory Refurbished" IE6's from an authorized seller on Amazon. They just arrived today. I have given them a very close inspection and they do not appear to be fakes. I have only had about 30 minutes to listen to them during my lunch break and I was using my Nokia E63 as a source but they seem like they should work out just fine. I can't give an honest opinion on the sound considering my source sucks and I only got through half of a Thrice album with them. I was expecting a little more bass but I will trade quantity for quality any day so as long as they are accurate and can get somewhat deep, I should be happy.

Anyone else ever purchased Factory Refurbished IEM's? What was your experience?

Aug 28, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 37
I just picked a pair of these up as well, but not before emailing sennheiser and comfirming that the seller was indeed authorized. Can't wait to try them out, let us know how they are working out for you after a little more use!

Aug 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 37

Quote:
I just picked a pair of these up as well, but not before emailing sennheiser and comfirming that the seller was indeed authorized. Can't wait to try them out, let us know how they are working out for you after a little more use!

looking myself..... was it adg?

Aug 29, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 37
Yes the seller was ADG - I have had the opportunity to spend some "Quality time" with these IEM's and I am very very happy with my purchase. My Nokia E63 has to be THE WORST sounding MP3 player I have ever used because as soon as I got these hooked up to my rather modest home rig (gear detail is in my sig) they sounded stellar. They have plenty of bass, the mids sound liquid and the top end has enough sparkle to make the mid-fi crowd quite happy. I have found that since I got my DT-990 600 Ohm that I really like my bass. These IEMs don't let me down in the bass department. They have a full well rounded sound and they seem like they would make a pretty good "all arounder" IEM. I have listened to a few hours of classical and about 10 hours of rock/metal/jazz and there wasn't anything that they did not do well. If you see any available from this seller, give them a try. It's a good bargain.

Sep 2, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 37

Quote:

Did you get them yet?

Sep 4, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 37
Got mine ...awesome deal & fast shipping! Plenty of base IMO thru a Rockboxed Fuse at default EQ. I wish my CK10's had the same bass ... they'd be near perfect for me.
Now we wait on the 602 ...... 

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #10 of 37
Does the refurbished IE6 come with the original box and all the accessories?

Sep 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #11 of 37

Quote:
I got mine.. been using with ipod touch.. would like a bit more bass..but these things are very ACCURATE.. can't complain.

Could be the source. I have them on iPhone 4 now and they actually have slightly over pronounced bass on this where they didn't on iPhone 3g.

Actually just came into this thread to say that for this price people should jump on these. I use a set (non-refurb'ed) for lawn mowing, working out, etc. and am quite happy with them as a mid-priced utility set. I think these got overlooked when the IE7's and 8's were getting all the hype, but at the prices you can get these for now, especially refurbished this is a really good set.

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 37
If by original box you mean the metal storage case then yes. They do not come in the cardboard box. They do come with all of the accessoiries even the cleaning tool. I got 2 complete sets of tips but I think I was only supposed to get 1 set. They also come with instructions in every language you could imagine.

Quote:
Does the refurbished IE6 come with the original box and all the accessories?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back