Got my paws on WA22
Oct 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful Woman...who's the ugly guy with her?
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton SF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok ok ok, I see. She is very beautiful. Now I guess you owe her a Woo WES.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lovely woman. But who's the ********* with her?

Just kidding! Congrats on the WA22.

Thanks guys. You know a nice person always win women's heart right? Haha. I know she too pretty for a guy like me. I know her for 13 years before we got married, she was my high school sweetheart. She loves to hang out. We go to club together, drinking together, travel together, just plain fun. She cleans, cooks, and makes more money than I do. She never ask anything from me, that make me always try to buy some thing for her all the time. She also trade my both parents with greatest respect. She rocks.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. This is on my short list of amps to buy in a few years, along with the ZDT. I heard the ZDT at RMAF, but like a fool did not listen to the WA22. Have you measured the plate and filament voltage to see how hard it drives the tubes. Tubes always get hot. Transformers can get hot, especially if it is SET, which i think it is. But the ZDT OPTs did not seem that hot, or are they? Others can chime in.

Anyway, I have been told that the amps are about equal by one person. Since I thought the ZDT sounded fabulous, that means the WA22 must also sound great. I wonder how it would do with these new - yet to be released - Audeze headphones. I liked them very much on the ZDT.

Good luck and happy listening.

I did have hard time to chose between these two. I prefer the retro look of ZDT. The reason I finnaly pick WA22 is fully balanced desgin and banlanced preamp, both for $2300! Who can come close to that? My other consideration was B52, but at two time the pirce. Well, for that extra money I could get myself a VPI turntable (balanced).

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys. You know a nice person always win women's heart right? Haha. I know she too pretty for a guy like me. I know her for 13 years before we got married, she was my high school sweetheart. She loves to hang out. We go to club together, drinking together, travel together, just plain fun. She cleans, cooks, and makes more money than I do. She never ask anything from me, that make me always try to buy some thing for her all the time. She also trade my both parents with greatest respect. She rocks.

As what I've said, you really a LUCKY GUY to have a wife like this.

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #49 of 54
I've received a silver WA22 last week. The thing is a tank!

Seamaster, I might have missed it, could you please identify the tube brands/types you are using? Those driver tubes are certainly an imposing sight.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've received a silver WA22 last week. The thing is a tank!

Seamaster, I might have missed it, could you please identify the tube brands/types you are using? Those driver tubes are certainly an imposing sight.

GEC 6AS7G x2
Raytheon VT-99 x2 (with apdapter)
Mullard 5AS4 x1

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
\She cleans, cooks, and makes more money than I do.

That's the American dream... you got an amp and a wife, and they both work.

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #52 of 54
I am trying to decide between the WA2 stock and the WA22 custom modded like Seamaster's with balanced preamp outputs. I know this is an old thread, but any word on how the WA22 sounds / performs as a balanced preamp? I have a dual mono balanced source component, and want to take advantage.

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #54 of 54
Update as 1/13/2017, I don't believe this thread is still going after 8 years. I sold my WA22 and moved on to better amps and headphones. I did have fun with my WA22 that taught me many things in my audiophile life and I am still benefited from the knowledge I gained. My WA22 quickly got very expensive with all the tubes, but SQ wise, the investment to performance ratio was very very poor with WA22. Now, I am enjoying an ALO Audio continental dual mono amp with Mullard tubes much better than my maxed out WA22 at 1/3 of the total price. So, time to move on guys, there are many fishes in the sea......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back